Another BH LRP PinPoint button mod

MoFoYa

Oct 23, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter LRP
GP-POINTER
White's Coinmaster 5000/d (Found it, Fixed it, Caught the bug with it)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a total noob that got hooked by an old White's CM 5000/d I found and repaired (replaced a few frozen potentiometers and made a new battery pack.) Shortly after that, the addiction took hold and I bought my Bounty Hunter LRP that is turning out to be a good machine for my skill level. As is apparently very common, the PP button on my machine is terrible. Even pressing hard it would always drop out of pinpoint mode.

On the 2nd day of owning it, after a days hunt, I took it apart. I was able to measure the resistance through the PP button when pressing it and got 150-300 ohms depending of the pressure applied to the button; obviously not good enough...

I remembered seeing a mod that added a toggle switch to activate PP mode. Here's my take one that idea...

A single tactile pushbutton, similar to this one, is used instead of the toggle switch. I placed it under the grip material in the "trigger" position for easy activation. The holes in the S-rod are hidden by the grip and the control box and the switch is only held in place by the grip material.

1.jpg
2.jpg

So far all seems good! The pinpoint function is 100% reliable now and the button doesn't get in the way when I'm not trying to press it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread