🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4437.JPG
I don't know if any of You have encountered this problem, but My CTX shaft was wearing pretty deep at this point where the shaft attaches to the handle/monitor. I guess I must be swinging it too much? Anyway , just placing a couple of small pieces of plumbers tape prevented any more wear from happening. HH

Attachments

• IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    883.9 KB · Views: 140

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I filled mine in with super glue (probably should have used baking soda with it) then small strips of cf tape (gorilla tape?).

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe how bad it had wore at this point. Wonder if wrapping it with a layer of the metal tape Hvac installers would hold up as well. Haven't had any probs with the strips op plumbers tape I've used. Not attractive, but if it keeps this from happening again I'm good with it.

OP
OP
Digger RJ

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_3995.JPG
View attachment 1550578
I don't know if any of You have encountered this problem, but My CTX shaft was wearing pretty deep at this point where the shaft attaches to the handle/monitor. I guess I must be swinging it too much? Anyway , just placing a couple of small pieces of plumbers tape prevented any more wear from happening. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread