Minelab Excalibur discriminator control ???

notagain

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2007
Pa. & N.J.
Detector(s) used
excal minelab - quicksilver 5 fischer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO,
Can anyone help me with a little bit of advice ? I have a Minelab excalibur 1000 and when I set the discriminate control it rotates 360 degree (control marked 1 through 17) it doesn't stop at 17. I emailed Minelab and they sent me a new knob free of charge because we both thought the knob itself was slipping but that wasn't the case.
Has anyone else had this problem and if you have can you let me know how you corrected it.
Thank You
notagain

OP
OP
N

notagain

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2007
Pa. & N.J.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what I was afraid of. After the fall I guess I'll send it for repairs. It still works and I'll make it do until then.
Thanks
notagain

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Yup, twisted past the stop-a trip to Las Vegas is in order :( :(

OP
OP
N

notagain

Tenderfoot
May 26, 2007
Pa. & N.J.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BEST metal detector I have ever used. The service department at Minelab Las Vegas is top notch in my book. I sent them my Excalibur and they repaired the discriminate control and tested the whole unit for me . The best part was that the complete turn around was eight days, EVERY THING WAS FREE OF CHARGE. Once again I can enjoy my Excalibur 1000, thanks to Sandy Burton and the excellent repair people at Minelab.
Notagain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread