AT Pro Shorty - Pics

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am getting ready to go on a Caribbean vacation and decided to take my AT Pro along but I want to hunt in the shallows, wading around or snorkeling along the beach but, I don’t want to use headphones. I decided to cover up the speaker with clear packing tape also not to annoy others around me (hope it sticks well). I did speak to the Resort and they approved usage so long as I leave the area as I found it. I called Garrett and they sent me the cover for the headphone jack... at no charge!! ( unreal customer service, got it to me in 2 days!! ) I shortened both the bottom shaft and middle shaft. I am going to secure the cable better once I get to the resort.

Last year I tried a short handled PI detector that worked ok but I wished it was longer.

Let me know what you think? I saw a scuba video that did something similar.

I will post my finds.

Attachments

• 6B74CBCC-73F1-41F4-91B0-297F64C5BD70.jpeg
    6B74CBCC-73F1-41F4-91B0-297F64C5BD70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 294
  • 6677AC56-03ED-4A6B-92EF-F369EB14A92B.jpeg
    6677AC56-03ED-4A6B-92EF-F369EB14A92B.jpeg
    952.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 178605AB-F171-4FEF-AAB8-CD971745D7E1.jpeg
    178605AB-F171-4FEF-AAB8-CD971745D7E1.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 265
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job on the modification! :occasion14:

Good Luck!

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
We leave in two days and I tried to hunt a little but along the shore where I am the water gets churned up and is not very clear so this set up did not work very well for shoreline. Especially getting tossed in the wave a couple times. Of course the brochure showed calm waters and we haven’t seen that yet but it is still beautiful. I didn’t bring a scoop either so digging is difficult, I brought a diving glove for that. I would like to try low tide hunting but now I can’t do that because it is so short. ��. The staff here at Sandals Emerald Bay kind of directed me where to hunt even.
Sandals bought this property in 2007 from Four Seasons but, I don’t know how long they operated here.

The AT PRO did perform well when I reduced the sensitivity to 3 bars. Hardly any chatter but still sensitive to at least 6” on my 14kt gold band in a in-the-water test using my 5x8 coil.

Okdirtfisher64

Dec 22, 2018
Tulsa,Ok
Detector(s) used
F75+ fisher 11”,5” dd coils
F pulse pin pointer
Black widow headphones
Predator 31c raptor hand digger,
Whites mxt e-tracker stock 9” ,4x6,coil
Garrett AT Pro,ground shrark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it I like it a lot!!!!

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This is very very late but where we went was The Sandals Resort in The Great Exumas.
Beautiful place but the wind was blowing straight towards shore at 15-25knots steady the whole trip..
The surf was rough, churned up, disappointedly full of bits of plastics of all kinds.
The sand was soft but full of plastic bits just the same. Sad..

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Looks nice, give us a pic or two.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
PA John

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Top of post has the pics of the mod..
Headedto Jamaica is the end of January..

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love it. I have a carbon fiber monopole that is 14” long at shortest and extends to full length. It’s used with elliptical Deus coil and WS4 phones. I made a downward-angled handle from a screwdriver and zip tied and taped it to the upper shaft. It delivers maximum performance in smallest-most lightweight package I’ve ever seen ( lighter and more compact than Deus) and fits in very small bag. Can post pictures if anyone is interested. Telescoping carbon- fiber Monopole cost me $38. Amazon I believe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread