MD-4030 CIRCUIT MODS?! Very Reliable Mega cheap Detector SUPER SMOOTH

Frogg

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modifying My MD-4030?! Very Reliable Mega cheap Detector SUPER SMOOTH

hello I do not have a keyboard so unfortunately im typing with my mouse (first thread) btw
MD-4030
I cannot express how I feel for this detector Its so Smooth to use, Great great Gadget. Its like my world changes when I turn it on however, I think swapping out a couple of components might give it an inch more depth not that it needs anymore depth I want to use it for coin hunting down the beach . More than 1000 sales on ebay ud think after ordering 1 it would come broken however its a SOLID MACHINE.

Im looking to modify the circuit. I don't mean adding a button or changing the disc … I have a box of capacitors and lots of cool components that I could Swap into the current circuit to get that Extra POWER output ,the detector uses 2 9v batteries so that's already putting lots of power into the circuit

let me know what u think

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck on the project! :icon_thumleft:

I will assume you have some electronics experience. :hello2:

IMHO: You will need (makes things easier) a circuit schematic to determine the component placement, values and voltage/current requirements. There maybe a pot on the board that can be adjusted for power output? You also need to be careful of the circuit board traces and determine if they can carry the new power level. Also be careful of changing components, pay close attention to IC voltage requirements. I am sure you know all these things, so enjoy the project!

Keep us posted on your progress! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread