🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I'm down and out with a broken ankle for a few weeks and have plenty of time on my hands. I decided to do a EX2 chest mount mod that I saw on You-Tube by IDX Monster, thank you sir for paving the way!! I have a bum shoulder that needs to be rebuilt next year, I needed to adapt my machine to extend my hunting time until then. I used a Teknetics S-rod for the stock 11" coil and a White's MX5 S-rod for the 8" coil.
I'll be using a Go-Pro chesty to mount the control head and I bought a 3' extension cable to connect the control to the coil. I cut the battery housing from the handle, but, I have a more compact and lighter battery pack on the way. I ordered a 1/4" stereo headphone jack from Amazon and will run my phone cord under my shirt to keep it from getting in the way.
This set-up is as light as feather to swing and I can't wait to heal up and take it on it's maiden voyage.

Attachments

• ex0.jpg
    ex0.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ex9.jpg
    ex9.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 139
  • ex11.jpg
    ex11.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 155
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice mod, thank you for sharing! :occasion14:

I love the Explorer Series II and SE, but they are heavy, any way to loose the weight and keep the performance is greatly appreciated. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread