Detectors best friend

chuck t.

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2006
I recently made a made a similar posting under the Tool Section of the forum. I'm so pleased over my new Apex pick, I felt it worth sharing here for my fellow detector buddies to check out..
I hunt both relics & nuggets and find my new Apex pick is equally well suited for both. I have some back problems so I chose the Talon model, it's 30" long handle helps me navigate steep terrain and also saves on some bending.

When out nugget hunting with my Minelab, tiny pieces of rusty iron are a real problem, they often produce a signal much like gold. I've found that now one pull through my targeted area will usually pull any iron out and determine trash or gold, rather than having to make numerous passes with one of my old picks.
This pick works equally well when searching old sites for relics, pulling it across my detector's signal area quickly pulls any iron near the surface.

All of the Apex picks come with 3 strong super-magnets secured in steel rings that are welded onto both sides of the pick head.
These magnets are perfectly spaced to quickly pull any iron out of the ground. The enclosed instructions sheet showed how to best utilize the company's pick design.
It's not a cheap tool, but neither were my detectors, considering 3 really thick super-magnets were included I didn't feel my pick was overpriced.
It's also advertised as !00% American made, that's a real rarity these days.

If you have need of a new tool, you might enjoy checking out their website www.apexpicks.com.
Happy hunting,
Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions