Possible Meteorite

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
This summer while driving home a witnessed a bright streak from the sky to the ground behind trees. I went to it a few days later and found a very odd rock with burnt crust and it has a pink mauve and cement coloration. I asked the farmer if there was ever a house in that spot... he said no.The rock is magnetic and has the burnt crusty burnt toast look in some spots and it has finger imprints.It does not make a scratch mark, only on the area where it is burnt.It moves with a compass and in the light it has sparkle look like their is silver or nickle in it and it is tough stuff too.The color seems to be changing also like it is staring to rust,now since I have had it for a few months. There is one picture that is on the mineral database that looks like a twin in color,listed under meteorite.I have pictures but do not know how to send them out on computer.It is in my computer pictures. I will send a few if someone tells me how to do that procedure.Thankyou!Sorry I have not been on the site lately...I miss talking with you all! :D

clockdryve

Greenie
Dec 10, 2005
in the area you post a message...you will notice an are ATTACH: you must click on the "Browse" area.......this will take you to your PC. They you will go to My Documents.....then open My Pictures.....then find the picture you want to upload to this forum-click twice on that picture and it will be sent to the proper place..........then just continue anything needed with your message. Preview-Spell Check if needed......then post all to forum. Thats it-NOW lets see that stone!!

Attachments

• bigcatfish.jpg
    bigcatfish.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 482
OP
OP
G

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I tried what you siad and it says my file is to large so how do you bring the size down?

Z

ZumbroKid

hit trim and make it about 4 by 4 inches, export and convert it to jpeg. also it might help to post what kind of photo soft ware you have. There are several types.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
what are you fellows using for bait ? meow mix ? cat chow ? damn what a cat////////////gldhntr

OP
OP
G

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I have other pictures of items I found while detecting and lots of magnetic
rocks so stay tuned,
I will be sending some of these for looking at also!I am just thrilled to be able to
do this!
Hey nice talking with you FreetwoDetect,Keep up the good stratigee my man....
You are going places! Remember!!!!
We are warriors and we do not give in!...NEVER!? ? ;)
Happy Holidays to all! ;D

OP
OP
G

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Rocknumber2_editedsmall.jpg

I lost the picture accidentley,but here it is once again...Thanks for your seeing this through with me! I'm back! ;D ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread