D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, but they got lucky finding those in the end, exspecialy after digging that big hole in the road, and only being a pipe, then after using all that exspensive equiptment , to dig a beer can,, he he.
It took plain old eye sight to make that episode, or they would have bombed on that quest.
They need someone like me, someone that can quickly pinpoint where and what is a meteorite, before they dig..

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dowser said:
I thought it was an interesting show, those two guys finding Meteorites.. I was wondering about how they made their hand held metal detector, they mentioned some kind of coil, is it just coaxial? Can anyone explain how they make that big detector? I need it for confirmation on some possible Meteorites i've discovered.. Dowser
They need someone like me, someone that can quickly pinpoint where and what is a meteorite, before they dig..

Why do you need/want the metal detector for confirmation?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
teleprospector said:
dowser said:
I thought it was an interesting show, those two guys finding Meteorites.. I was wondering about how they made their hand held metal detector, they mentioned some kind of coil, is it just coaxial? Can anyone explain how they make that big detector? I need it for confirmation on some possible Meteorites i've discovered.. Dowser

Why do you need/want the metal detector for confirmation?
I was thinking the same thing. ?

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a couple reasons for using a deep locator, along with my dowsing rods.. One reason is confirmation of depth, because i'm not allways accurate at dowsing a depth halo, because a depth halo is a weaker signal, which can be misread. And another reason is that when finding a ore vein being gold or silver, ect. ect., your only led to the strongest spot in the whole vein. I would use the detector to see how much more of the element is around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions