Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell,AZ and Titusville,FL
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1434 times
    Coinshooting, Gold prospecting, and Nuggetshooting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Kuger's paydirt has a METEORITE in it!!!

I took most of Kuger's paydirt gold out of the pan. Put it into a vial. Took the black sands from the pan and put it under a mineral scope. In the mess is a MICROMETEORITE! Very, very small. Not large enough to see (distuinguish) with the unnaided eye but clearly, an M. Absolutely spherical. Also a PERFECT quartz crystal, hexagon, pointed at both ends. Again, too small to see without the scope. AND a small crystaline piece (flour) gold. I will save this STUFF till I can get the camera going on this scope/w/camera so all can see. TTC
    At home the ground was covered with snow, and I was covered with sweat. My younger brother called me a killer and my daddy called me a vet. Still in Saigon. Charlie Daniels Band

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Right now: Garrett GTA 500, ACE 250, Fisher Impulse 8, Gold Bug 2, Whites GMT, Vibraprobe 570, and Falcon MD20
    1434 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Here is a pic of two micrometeorites that I found in Kuger's paydirt. The not-so-obvious M is to the right and slightly up from the obvious one. The backround field is made up of mm squares. That would make these about 1/6 th mm in diameter. I found a total of 4 Ms. TTC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	micro4.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	653085
    At home the ground was covered with snow, and I was covered with sweat. My younger brother called me a killer and my daddy called me a vet. Still in Saigon. Charlie Daniels Band

May 2012
    194 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If your house has gutters, build a boil box for each downspout. Toss some harbor freight retrieving magnets in ziploc bags and put those in the bottom.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    1434 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcazgoldchaser View Post
    If your house has gutters, build a boil box for each downspout. Toss some harbor freight retrieving magnets in ziploc bags and put those in the bottom.
    Never thought of that! Oh, update: found a total of 7 micrometeorites so far in Kuger's dirt. Found 2 more pieces of crystalline gold for a total of 4 pieces. The last two are reletively less significant. Took pics but not worthy of a post. Needlessly to say, my black sand will ALWAYS get more scrutiny than in the past. TTC

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors