Kugers paydirt has a METEORITE in it!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kuger's paydirt has a METEORITE in it!!!

I took most of Kuger's paydirt gold out of the pan. Put it into a vial. Took the black sands from the pan and put it under a mineral scope. In the mess is a MICROMETEORITE! Very, very small. Not large enough to see (distuinguish) with the unnaided eye but clearly, an M. Absolutely spherical. Also a PERFECT quartz crystal, hexagon, pointed at both ends. Again, too small to see without the scope. AND a small crystaline piece (flour) gold. I will save this STUFF till I can get the camera going on this scope/w/camera so all can see. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a pic of two micrometeorites that I found in Kuger's paydirt. The not-so-obvious M is to the right and slightly up from the obvious one. The backround field is made up of mm squares. That would make these about 1/6 th mm in diameter. I found a total of 4 Ms. TTC

micro4.jpg

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your house has gutters, build a boil box for each downspout. Toss some harbor freight retrieving magnets in ziploc bags and put those in the bottom.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your house has gutters, build a boil box for each downspout. Toss some harbor freight retrieving magnets in ziploc bags and put those in the bottom.
Never thought of that! Oh, update: found a total of 7 micrometeorites so far in Kuger's dirt. Found 2 more pieces of crystalline gold for a total of 4 pieces. The last two are reletively less significant. Took pics but not worthy of a post. Needlessly to say, my black sand will ALWAYS get more scrutiny than in the past. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread