hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Finding a person with a lapidary diamond saw shouldn't be difficult to make the cut. An abrasive cutoff saw could also work but would be rough. Tradesmen use them to cut steel. Both methods would probably need pollishing to see detail. Once cut, if it is iron it will rust fairly fast. Some use transmission fluid to preserve them. I think tranny fluid is used as it's ez to remove.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
hey Terry jw have you seen Austen powers goldmember? what are the chances there is probebly meteorite like in the movie that are gold and that being said do YOU think maybe on some planets they have the other elements needed to make gold

You can't make gold from other elements because gold is an element. There are stars that are diamonds though.

OP
OP
L

lb1889

Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0704-1.jpg

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the possibility its a new species of metal or rock discoveries are made everyday maybe you found a new one

OP
OP
L

lb1889

Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking either it came from through depths of wherever or space. Its going to be either or. I'm tired of trying figure it out. I haven't seen any earth rocks set up like this although I have seen the minerals. My closest guess so far is chromium something or other. I did do the HCI test and there was no bubbly anything but the acid went from clear to green. Nickel, iron and chromium. There are some red red spots and then there literally pools with clear and orange to light orange melted glass like material. There's green too with some gold looking metal blobs. Ive seen purple metallic flakes hell I've seen a few colors. At least to my eyes that's what it looks like. Either way i'm stoked. I will name it the "SCUD".

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lb1889

Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appropriate for where we found it. Funny thing I decided to get some dust to test in a water solution and I had all these spheres pop up out of dust and they were attracted to each other. Wish I would of paid attention in science.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well let me know if you learn anything else about it

OP
OP
L

lb1889

Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will definitely let you know. I'll even drop you a private message. The university sent email about testing it for nickel but you would think they would have a way to test it.:icon_scratch:should of took it to MSU. Go Green. Had to sorry....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread