The Meteorite Man.

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I have the pleasure of telling you that I just spoke to the greatest Meteorite hunter of all time! Mr.Bob Haag..."The Meteorite Man" We had a great conversation and I spoke to him about rocks from space.He has confirmed that The passages I read in the book .."Rocks From Space "Is true..A person should be able to metal detect a 90 acre lot and find at least two meteorites, But most will be at least 2-3 inches in the ground possibly deeper.And they rust very fast..I am sending him two rocks very close to the ones posted in his 2004 book of meteorites.I hope it will be a good find.This gives me even more faith to go hunting and meteorite finding this next summer.

Wirechief

Greenie
Sep 5, 2004
Hi ghost surf! I lived a block down the street from Bobby Haag in Tucson, Az. in the early 70's. Went to the same high school too. I never really knew him but never thought he would be a meteor chaser. I have seen him on several TV programs and it is a neat field to be in. I have some large fields I can detect in and hope to find a meteorite someday. God Bless and take care, I hope your finds are meteorites. :D

S

Shadow

I have two questions:
First, how do I post a message?
Second, how can I find a metorite with my new DFX ?
Thanks,
Shadow

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIRST CLICK on topic you wish to post in. Then on top click on new topic

OP
OP
G

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
I don't know much about that metal detector...But going out and looking is the first step! read as much as you can about the meteorites and bring your magnet everytime you are looking because they are mostly always magnetic.Bring a compass also! Because a meteorite will move the arm ...other rocks will too though..If they have iron...I pick up all rocks as I am metal detecting that are magnetic and heard on the detector...the more you find you have a better chance..then take them home and look for different characteristics and look for the melting and or burned layer...some won't have it if it's been sitting in the ground for long times..In Arizona and hotter areas that don't get freezing and snow...these rocks won't weather as much,but in areas like Wisconsin where weather is so harsh ,they melt away fast(Rust)...some irons will be around longer they are tougher.When you digging if you see a lot of rusting in the ground it could have been a meteorite thathas rusted away.You will notice the difference of these rocks once you have studied them..Go to rock shows and read books and even talk to a university in your area..they will probably have some on exhibit in their nature class or museums.the more magnetic rocks you find the better chance to be able to see a different rock,that could be a meteorite......Your detector picks up iron so you should be able to find rocks with metal in them.Go to Bob Haags site..he has good hints and pictures....Meteorite .com........ Meteoriteman.com is Bob Haags site...I bought one of Bobs t-shirts and I made my own hat.....The hat says :The meteorite hunter In yellow lettering with a white meteorite going towards the blue and green world on a black hat..It's really cool looking! They should have meteorite hunts and groups get together to look for them I would deffinetly try to make it to at least one.Arizona and those area would make a good place... if Bobs Haags not out there before us!........... He rules! and is the KING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread