RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

Not sure if I told you but this rock passed the tile test. It left no marks on the back of the tile. Unfortunately I don't have a tile cutter but I was able to use my dremel this time instead of a filer. It does have a shiny surface once filed and polished up. What do you guys think?

Here are pictures of it.

003.JPG

008.JPG

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure, but I'm curious...

What is the weight?
What size is it?
Is it magnetic?

OP
OP
RelicPrime113

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its wicked heavy, exactly 7 pounds in weight. Yes, its very magnetic and my powerful magnet sticks to it like there is no tomorrow. Not sure of the size but its about 5 inches tall. Found it with my metal detector this summer and the weird part is, it came up as coins rather than iron.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That item has a lot of the qualities you would expect to find in an iron/nickle Meteorite. Also it's very big, at 5" tall and 7 lbs. Do not do any more grinding or other testing that may mare the surface. There is a university and an independent lab that will do a complete test for you, categorize it and certify it for a fee. I do not have the information on either but you should be able to Google the info. I believe one is in Arizona and one in New Mexico but I'm not positive. It could be very valuable!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread