Vancouver Bc canada

Grimula

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vancouver Bc canada ( Green Meteorites)?

All of these pictures are of the same rock specimen...Only 1 rock here Black / silvery on one side with the Green melt ( or crystal growth) and Orange on the other side with green and white flecks going threwout the Orange parts
My dad found this Rock in our Back yard....What we think to be a Meteorite =) Hope it is

the surface of the rock is Very Silky smooth feeling, Almost feels like a soapstone Except it is Very hard and cannot scratch it like a soapstone The rock is the Size of my hand also and probably weighs a few pounds Much heavier then it appears to be

we Live in North Vancouver BC the rock was laying in the ground below our grass

on the Back of the rock there is Green Fusion Burn marks we Think that's what it is, there is Streaks of Melted Green on the back and Green Flecks and White flecks going threw the rock
The green melty streaks on the black side of the rock seem to show Direction of Travel or some kind of Directional Burn marks
The edges of the rock are smoothed over also like it could have been melted

Here is a Link to a story about Green Meteorites Kind of interesting Both have Green going threw the rocks ...Plus green fusion burn marks with directions of travel indicated
~EDIT~ Bizarre green meteorite NWA 7325 may be from Mercury | Astro Bob

wonder if those green burn marks are similar ? haha
I just found this Link Interesting

I am Enclosing a few pictures of the rock we have found

Curious to know what it could be Even the bumps on the rock are smooth like soapstone But very hard Heavy rock

Attachments

• IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0515.JPG
    IMG_0515.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you checked to see if a magnet sticks to it?

OP
OP
G

Grimula

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says that the green meteorites in the Link I supplied had low levels of iron

Looks kind of similar and No a magnet does not stick to it

but I havnt found a powerfull magnet ..just ones off my fridge right now

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I that's real then it's probably worth a small fortune, good luck and please keep posting updates about it.

OP
OP
G

Grimula

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent the 4 pics to 2 university professor's emails I found when searching the web for info on meteorites

No responces yet....very curious to know what it is

OP
OP
G

Grimula

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0523.JPG IMG_0520.JPG

The green is not from cut marks.

That is the way we found the rock when we pulled it out of the ground

BayRockMan

Sep 14, 2014
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting rock. You will never know for sure until your give up a piece to have analysis done. It's a long shot, but anything is possible. Before you ship or sell any outside of Canada, you need to become familiar with their regulations regarding meteorites. Basically, the government has the right to purchase it before you can sell to anyone outside the country. You'll need an export permit to sell outside Canada if it's real.

OP
OP
G

Grimula

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to post this again on the Rocks/gems forums.....see if anyone else has an opinion Over there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread