Any ideas?!?

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visually I know what I think it is, I had it tested with at OSU on their electron microscope.

image-1955919678.jpg

image-3655091637.jpg

Here are the results from OSU

image-3248137067.jpg

image-1306115725.jpg

OP
OP
OregonGold76

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-2019400312.jpg

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar cracking.jpg Crack 1 (arizona).jpg Crack 2 arizona.jpg Possbile meteor 2.jpg I wish I had tools like that to figure out if the rock I found was the meteorite I saw fall. The only think I'm going on for the one i collected is. something 100 percent landed there because I saw it. The cracks seem to match also. (the photo is copyright so of course all credit goes to whoever found this stone from arizona. But still the cracks on the rock from Arizona are very similar to the one I found. Really you have to go I found by property, similarity, metallic or surface.) the museum said it could be a meteorite I spoke to shawn. from the museum of natural history via email sent him some photo's. I was looking at the Cracks on the Taza meteorite and they match. Really just research research research. Do tests. All that. You'll figure it out. I'm not at ALL good with rocks or meteorites but I saw one fall so I had to search. Its amazing. I mean seeing 5 foot flames behind a rock and not searching for it a few days later isn't trying very hard. Here are my photo's. nice one btw. I'm not an expert so I cant say for sure. But happy hunting. Try also looking for surface similarities. Thats why I think i found the stone I saw fall. GOOD LUCK ^_^

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread