This has to be the meteorite I saw fall.

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanna say thanks to everyone who encouraged me looking more into it. Because this rock was the only one that matched the description and I did lots of more research and found lots more similarities. Not to mention it looks like this rock collided with another rock at a really high speed. The white is polish and the small drill hole is from a hardness test I did. the polish actually is showing the true features of the rock in the photo. How it matches up to fusion crust in other online photos. I'm mean it tests positive for low amounts of nickel its magnetic but different then other magnetic rocks the way it reacts. its metallic but its cant get stuck to the magnet it has like a pulse you can feel from the magnet it's weird. But anyone thanks for those who tried to help figure out what it is. To me it almost looks like 2 rocks that collided together really fast.

Attachments

• Fusion crust..jpg
    Fusion crust..jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Fusion crust - hardness test.jpg
    Fusion crust - hardness test.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 203
OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The museum of natural history told me otherwise. They said It very likely could be. I believe them and the rock I saw fall and then picked up 3 days later. Not your opinion on the matter sorry. passed all the tests. Every single one. 100 percent a meteorite. Not to mention I saw it fall. Love to hear your opinion so I can prove you wrong. This post isn't asking for opinions.

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im happy you are happy with your recent find! Congrats

OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it actually a long time ago it was around 5 or more years ago. I found it when I was much younger. I actually saw it fall and examined the whole area 3 days later it almost hit some guys house. I straight saw a fireball come behind a glowing orb. come from the sky shoot in an arch down almost hit a house. I went inside cause it was late. I found that 3 days later. There is actually a dent in the ground where I believe it landed and it actually punched a hole through the street and onto the ground, + it matches the stone but is a bit bigger then then it. I'll post that only the photo is recent far from when I saw it happen. Thats why I believe the rock is smashed in like that. Because when it hit the ground the metal inside the stone actually morphed and kinda pancaked itself. I posted some of the better photo's I did on another forum before I did the hardness test and drilled it. The rock reacts to a magnet. Has only tested positive for nickel when tested with Hydrochloric acid. It does NOT streak black and is NOT magnetite.

Attachments

• Meteorite hole.jpg
    Meteorite hole.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 216
  • Possible meteor.jpg
    Possible meteor.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Possible meteorite surface.jpg
    Possible meteorite surface.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 194
  • window 3 surface.jpg
    window 3 surface.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 187

DolanDave

Aug 25, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, ect.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The museum of natural history told me otherwise. They said It very likely could be. I believe them and the rock I saw fall and then picked up 3 days later. Not your opinion on the matter sorry. passed all the tests. Every single one. 100 percent a meteorite. Not to mention I saw it fall. Love to hear your opinion so I can prove you wrong. This post isn't asking for opinions.

Im an experienced meteorite hunter, google search DolanDave, ok not asking for opinions, then I will express a condolence, congradulations on an awesome find, since its 100 percent a meteorite !!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to see some of your finds. I wish I lived in a place open enough to search for others that would be sick. I can only go by what I saw fall and what I found. I'm sure you have some AWSOME ones. Shawn Wallace said it was possible it was a meteorite and it pasts the tests I've done. He wants me to saw it and get the interior to show him. But unlike you i'm unexperienced and I don't wanna cut it wrong. Do you have any methods for doing so if so PLEASE share thats the only thing left to do. I'm not actually 100 percent sure i exadurated. But i'm 99 percent sure. I just need to see the interior so I can send it to him or post it. If your experienced maybe you can help me. How can I give it a really clean cut.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave is right. That is NOT a meteorite. Sorry.

OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a FRESH meteorite not the ones you find laying in the ground that have been eroded. I disagree. I believe the museum of Natural history and am thus going to do what they said and cut it. But hey nobody ever got anyplace by agreeing. witnessing a meteorite fall and finding an old one laying around are completely different I'm going with what the museum said. They said it could be a meteorite and they know a lot. So I'm going to do the final test like they said to do.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have fun, and best of luck to you.

OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry can I ask you something do you know what the HECK this is!!!!! Really glassy really heavy speaking of strange found things.

Attachments

• unknown 5.jpg
    unknown 5.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 212
OP
OP
R

RockForum

Nov 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother found that. Dustin. its really pretty.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry can I ask you something do you know what the HECK this is!!!!! Really glassy really heavy speaking of strange found things.

Looks like glass slag

Attachments

• glass slag.jpg
    glass slag.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 189

DolanDave

Aug 25, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, ect.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rockforum, I could type all day about cutting a window in a rock, but Google or youtube search it, there is tons of info online on the subject. The quickest way I do it is get a Dremmel with a diamond blade, and cut a corner off.
Dave

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Museum of Natural History are you referring to?? I agree with the naysayers, not a meteorite.

C99

Oct 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greeting naysayers. Tonight is a big night for meteorites.From 10pm until early am I will be watching the skies.I am hoping for snow.The last meteorite I found was a stoney one in the snow.I gave it as a gift to my son and it has been lost.I will not make that mistake again. If by some slim chance I witness some reaching my area,what providence will increase its value?Photos or film? As for the meteorite/wrong.Good luck.I hope that when you slice it you prove the naysayers wrong.It does not look like one to me but I believe there is more variety than is currently known.Only slicing will reveal the truth.I wish you the best of luck. It is not possible for any one person to know everything.Only science will give you the facts unmuddied by personal opinion. I happen to agree with the naysayers but I would like you to prove everyone wrong.Things form differently in space so the truth is in there.Break on through to the other side.

BayRockMan

Sep 14, 2014
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing about this rock or your story that could be used to justify it being a meteorite. I've handled thousands of meteorites and that is simply not one. And you could stand to do a bit of research about meteors and meteorites to at least try and bring a minimal about of credibility to your story. It just has too many holes in it. I know this is an opinion and you are not interested in opinions, you prefer your own reality. But this is for others that may think you are right.

You have a meteorwrong, nothing more.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
where are the two overly friendly meteorite men when you need them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread