my third space rock.....smallest yet

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
20150308_201133.jpg found another space rock.....makes the metal detectors scream like nuts.....found in bcc az....its non ferrous...db

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1130877 found another space rock.....makes the metal detectors scream like nuts.....found in bcc az....its non ferrous...db

Why do you say it is non-ferrous? Does magnet fail to stick? The most common meteorites are ferrous type.

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello Dan,
First off Dolan Dave is absolutely credible and correct, not a meteorite, secondly, you contradicted yerself with the " metal detector screams an non-ferrous" statement.
Meteorites are only found with md's because they contain percentages of iron alloyed w/ smaller percentages of nickel. Or they are entirely composed of iron. A very, VERY small percentage have no iron all, those are cabonacious chondrites, and martians and lunars, and these need extensive lab testing to be identified. Good luck.

RH

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Well guys after you objected to the item in question.....I didnt want to damage at first.....I thought that there is a 1% chance it was a freak because there are a very rare....so I crushed it....to my suprise you guys were right I stand corrected....a meteor wrong......it turned out to be a very old Lead bullet ....my bad..... thanks for the heads up...db

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks sedimentary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions