Is this a meteorite?

gonzoluke98

Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a glacial valley right next to a river that runs through it. Every time the river is low, I go and check to see if anything interesting or abnormal has been washed down. Yesterday I found this (pictured), and it stood out a lot from the rocks around it. It's heavy for it's size, it's magnetic, I did the streak-test to find that there was no streak left at all. Just wondering if anybody on here could help me confirm whether it's a meteorite or not? :)

image1 (2).JPG image1 (1).JPG image1 (3).JPG

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are my eyeballed meteorite finds

I can't confirm, but looks very good to me for possibly being one. I've found a couple in the past that have a

lot of those characteristic of yours and am very sure they are meteorites.

Here they are:
4_14_2013 my small eyed finds.JPG

OP
OP
G

gonzoluke98

Mar 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply! Fills me with a bit more hope of it being one :)

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You know fellers I own 20 or so meteorite fragments, three of them are whole, oriented stones. All are AZ, gold basin L4's except 1, the 1 bein from Michigan an it's somewhat rare. It's an H-5, impact melt brecciated, olivine, bronzite, chondrite. W/bronzite meaning an enstatite matrix, having very distorted chondrules and olivine crystals. I've been studin geology and geo-chemistry fer years on my own, and have a nice size mineral collection. All for the purpose of reaching my end goals of bein able to locate and identify meteoritic material as well prospecting for, an mining small placer Au dposits. And I've learned that the only way your goin to have any positive clues as weather or not you have a possible meteorite will be after you have sanded a window on one side to expose the otherwise, unexposed interior. Gonzoluke's looks, for the most part, to be nothing more than a small piece of water worn iron rich basalt as well as yours there C an Rman.
So sorry there fellers, until you've sanded and polished a window and gotten an "XRF" analysis done, you'll allways just be guessin an hopin.

RH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread