meteorite#1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 680
Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Re: is this possible meteorite, looks like rock, but it's hard metal

I'm good with iron meteorite IDs. See my write up of the Pulse Star detector, there's a good pic of a iron meteorite there.

Back to your iron rock. Is it iron? Does a magnet stick to it with hell-like fury? Also, the pic was a good idea, but its rotten. Please post a better picture, and I can tell you alot more.

Also, the iron should have no sharp 90 degree angles.

OP
OP
E

Edong

Aug 2, 2005
california

Texas_Meteorite_Hunter said:
I'm good with iron meteorite IDs. See my write up of the Pulse Star detector, there's a good pic of a iron meteorite there.

Back to your iron rock. Is it iron? Does a magnet stick to it with hell-like fury? Also, the pic was a good idea, but its rotten. Please post a better picture, and I can tell you alot more.

Also, the iron should have no sharp 90 degree angles.
yes tmh,it'smagnetic ,its about the size of a loaf of bread,and it's weight around 40 kg.i have chip small piece soon i'll post the pic ,when it ready,and onemore think i have these md.made for beach,and water ,and when i sweep my md . with it the three color alternately show -up which is red,yellow,and green correct me ,if i'm wrong, is these mean there's three kind of metal on it? thanks Ed

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Forget the ID on your metal detector. Its too questionable. What we need is a good pic of the iron and if possible, a small corner the size of a nut that you hacksaw off.

When taking the pic, make sure you get a close up using the MACRO setting on your camera. The MACRO setting should have an icon of a flower.

If its an iron meteorite, expect about $50-$100/pound.

-mt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread