All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Local college geology department? County Geologist?

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
The photo is posted in her other thread. Can a moderator merge the two threads?

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

I have a meteorite that I've had for about 3 years and I have been looking for someone in Yakima County, Washington that could look at it and offer me some assistance. But I have had no luck finding anyone. If there is anyone that could help, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you !

Run all the test first. Is it magnetic? Yes move to is it Hemitite or magnetite? Does it have fusion crust? Take the back of your toilet lid off, I use under the sink and give it scratch test. What color does it leave? No brown or black line now we are in the running for a comet! Take a file on one side we use electric thing my husband has, grind a edge flat doesn't ruin value and look to find spots on the flat inside. Nickle mostly sometimes more. And remember less than 1% OF 1% are ever metallic. Most are rock type. We find a lot here in the arid climate, because it preserves them well. We sell hundreds of dollars a year in meteorites and the meteorite men Steve and Geoff always come to the gem show in Tucson. Hope that helps, that's the checklist we go down and I found a lot of meteor-wrongs than right.

Last edited:

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My husband refuses to go metorite hunting anymore :BangHead: he gets frustrated lol. I'm like is this one and he say grrr no! And then throws it over his shoulder and I'm ??? U jerk!!!!I was looking at that, I think it was, now I won't know. He tells me you hunt stroon fields, falls were they are dang it, all huffy your not going to find more than one in same place! He is right, it's rare but I think we found a fall site not listed because Steve and Geoff took some and wanted to see where. And then I do it over and over and over lol, so he quit.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions