Beautifully textured piece from yesterday's walk.

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone. I hope the day is treating you well. Just wanted to pop in and post some pics of a piece I found yesterday evening. It is already one of my new favorites. It is black, very smooth, metal, magnetic, has no streak, is covered in regmaglypts, and shows very shiny, silvery metal just underneath the fusion crust. What perplexes me is its lack of density. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely got some heft to it, but not nearly as much as one would expect from an iron. I will test it for S.G. sometime later tonight so I can compare it to the list of SGs by classification. Who knows, it might hit 7.0 or so. Either way, I am very pleased with this find, and will be headed back out this evening to see if I can find any more of these pretty pieces of metal. I'll let you know if I do. Take care, J IMG_20170228_115808.jpg IMG_20170228_115917.jpg IMG_20170228_115829.jpg IMG_20170228_115743.jpg

OP
OP
P

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my eyes. I actually don't own a detector at the moment. I used to have a very basic one, but it's in the ex's garage, so I'll never see it again, lol. I have been playing with the idea of getting a mid range (price) detector in the next year or so. I just wish they had some sort of test drive deal so I could try the different ones out and then decide which is right for me.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Np flow lines, no fusion crust, not much weight, BUT lots of thumb prints. It does look like a meteorite.

Art_Blade

Jun 25, 2014
Warsaw
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Teknetics Omega 8000
White's VX3, V3i
DeTech SSP-2000PI, Garrett pinponter, Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use magnet. If it stick, just make a density measurements. When I'm looking on this rock it doesn't look like an iron meteorite, no rust etc.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread