Two of my denser pieces.

PinchedDreamer

Feb 11, 2017
Clark County Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEAVY, black, very smooth. Fusion crust on larger piece shows abundant flow lines, while smaller piece (although oriented nicely) is less textured, except for a heart shaped gouge on its main face, and on its bottom due to its impact. Smaller piece weighed in approx 325-375g, but I don't remember exactly. Larger one cannot be properly weighed without a larger scale. About a third of it actually fit on my scale and it read ~842g.
Used dremmel to open window in crust of smaller piece, as well as give metal underneath a light polish. Looks pretty promising.
Oh, and yes, they are magnetic. IMAG0102.jpg IMAG0111.jpg IMAG0110.jpg IMAG0105.jpg IMAG0112.jpg IMAG0113.jpg IMAG0114.jpg IMAG0115.jpg IMAG0117.jpg

Rific

Mar 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot differentiate between fusion crust and core sample. It all looks to be the same color same constituent and texture all throughout. I'm not saying it is or isn't but if it is, please let us know as this will expand my horizon for rocks that I pick up. It doesn't look like this board is the most active in the sense of meteorites, though. Perhaps you could take it to a local college or send your favorite specimens to one of the meteorite validation services. They're pretty cheap, too, at about 50 bucks per analysis. I have a post as well and I haven't gotten any bites. Also, the local college here said they don't have the equipment to verify so I might have to send mine on in too. I purchased a bottle of DMG nickel test solution to test some of my samples. I only spent 20 on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread