Chemhead

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2017
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Underwater Magnetic Retrieval
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK I've been reading through everything. But can't decide if this is worth sending in to have tested, and if so where to send it in. DSC03990.JPG DSC03991.JPG DSC03992.JPG DSC03993.JPG DSC03994.JPG

1. Does not scratch tile or leave marks of any kind.
2. Definitely heavier than normal rock. I have not calculated a specific density though since my scale was in storage.
3. Magnetic - (Main reason I'm skeptical is that I found with my fishing magnet in lake water.)
4. It looks like a crust to me. There is a small fingernail sized piece of crust that looks to have fallen off even. Don't have a lot of experience though
5. I ground down a small corner and sanded. It looks shiny black, not silver like some old metal pieces I found near it.
6. I checked with the Meteor Wrong Gallery and couldn't find anything that would clearly discount this as a meteor.
7. It has a shape. It is shaped slightly like a chunk of thick plane wing. Possibly from atmospheric entry?

Let me know if you think this is worth pursuing and if so where to send it. I love looking at all these potential meteors in this forum. I don't want to send it to some scam place on the internet so let me know if someone has had good experiences.
Thank You

Chiltepin

Sep 25, 2017
Southwest US
Detector(s) used
BH Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a piece of cast iron something that some one broke or Blowed up :)

Skillet, Dutch oven, stove parts?

bloovey

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its man made junk, too flat and rectangular.

OP
OP
C

Chemhead

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2017
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Underwater Magnetic Retrieval
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
-Thanks for the info. My buddy did find what appeared to be Train Parts near this area. It was an old Logging train Loading area 100 years ago but is now a boat launch and Park. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread