Iridium from witness fall location Ny

RadRockee

Greenie
Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddest .jpg Very harmful to touch irr.jpg Rare metal .jpg irrid.jpg Interesting .jpg irridium burn .jpg

Meteorite also attached Rare Meteorite .jpg (Non toxic) Definitely thinking this is iridium or something or the sort very strange can give burns to the touch does not oxide.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats not a meteorite and its definitely not iridium. First, your rock is sedimentary, second, iridium isnt radioactive.

OP
OP
R

RadRockee

Greenie
Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way that is a normal rock I have collected rocks for about 20 years in the same are of the witness fall and no other rocks come close/match. My question is how can something fall from space and not be radioactive with quasars, black-holes exploding planets and so much more harmful reactions going on every second! I'm thinking the government is lying about what is a meteorite and what it not.

OP
OP
R

RadRockee

Greenie
Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It cant be radioactive all my animals die of old age not of radioactivity my dog lived till 18 and died in his sleep of natural causes if it were radioactive I think we would all know.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way that is a normal rock I have collected rocks for about 20 years in the same are of the witness fall and no other rocks come close/match. My question is how can something fall from space and not be radioactive with quasars, black-holes exploding planets and so much more harmful reactions going on every second! I'm thinking the government is lying about what is a meteorite and what it not.

and with that bit of nonsense, another goes onto the ignore list!

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Get a few guidebooks. Visit a few museums that have meteorite collections, and ask questions while you are there.

Niether rock you show is a meteorite. The light colored is sedimentary. The dark has the appearance of a small chunk of asphalt, but may be a darker type of cementation.

Iridium is NOT radioactive!

Time for more coffee.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

No offense really intended here, but it truly sounds like you are more involved with conspiracy thinking, rather then understanding the first thing about meteorites. And, BTW, the government is not who brings us knowledge regarding meteorites. That is the domain of planetary geologists, meteoriticists. Science, in other words. Not government. Believe it or not, there are people who actually know more then you do. So when you say "I'm thinking", no, you're really not thinking at all. At least not rational thought.

OP
OP
R

RadRockee

Greenie
Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This kinda looks like a magnetic field. Ah wrong rock sorry mate! irriduim .jpg Meteorite .jpg Still harmful.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are the burns on the back of your hands?

Chub

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the information you need RadRockee. Now, you understand I have to charge you, but since you seem to have a firm grasp on things, I'll discount it 45% to just five easy payments of $89.95 each. Let me know! :occasion14:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably an alkali burn from lime in/on the rock.

If you got that from radiation, you're going to be dead in a week.

Half life for the most stable isotope of iridium is 241 years. All the other isotopes of iridium are rated in days, minutes, seconds, and milliseconds. I seriously doubt you have any iridium other than a trace amount, and not enough to cause any radiation burn.

Hmmm....Alkali/radiation burn....Might be cesium. You might have a chunk of a satellite reactor and one hell of a mess on your hands!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread