Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a guide to values -

https://geology.com/meteorites/value-of-meteorites.shtml

scientists spend their careers studying meteorites because they contain a record of our solar system's history going back some 4.6 billion years. By studying meteorites, we can learn details about how our solar system evolved into the Sun and planets of today—and how meteorite impacts could affect our future.

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many meteorites, Ordinary spherules are numerous, No spherules are rare, Very rarely very rarely, I think now the meteorite is the exhibition education collection primarily, Do you think research papers or meteorite? I think research papers,

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do meteorites look like? what are the characteristics, You know all the meteorite? Not all meteorites are valuable, what kind of less is valuable, Why study meteorites?

Many meteorites, Ordinary spherules are numerous, No spherules are rare, Very rarely very rarely, I think now the meteorite is the exhibition education collection primarily, Do you think research papers or meteorite? I think research papers,

It’s a little disconcerting that you have been selling specimens as meteorites, having self-identified them and yet you have shown nothing on any of your various posts that have meteorite characteristics. You’ve also ducked all attempts to persuade you to get any of your rocks properly tested and in one post accused me of working for the Beijing Planetarium and trying to trick you into sending me one of your rocks (no thanks).

You’re now asking questions that demonstrate you actually know nothing about meteorites at all. If you really want to learn (do you?) then I think you need to take a step back and start with the basics. Jumping in at the deep end and reading research papers isn’t going to give you that knowledge and neither is looking at unattributed pictures on the internet from people who know little more than you do (eg the amateur Russian site you referenced on another thread where the specimens being shown were not meteorites at all).

I don’t know if you will be able to find these books in Ukrainian or Russian, but I would highly recommend “Rocks from Space” for an introduction and “The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites for a detailed look at typology (plenty of pictures). Both books are by O. Richard Norton.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocks-Space-Meteorites-Meteorite-Astronomy/dp/0878423737
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-Encyclopedia-Meteorites-Richard-Norton/dp/0521621437

When you refer to “spherules”, I assume you mean “chondrules” and are referring to chondrites. It’s untrue that none of this group of meteorites are rare. Enstatites are pretty scarce, Rumuritites and Kakangarites are very rare. These are all chondrite meteorites. Some of the sub-classes of carbonaceous chondrites are also rare.

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know what you re looking for, you must also be from Shanghai, You think you know abouttes? the rock in your hand has been examined by scientists? Meteorites from the Tucson mineral show have been identified by scientists? I think you sell books, reality nets catch a lot of scammers,

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a little disconcerting that you have been selling specimens as meteorites, having self-identified them and yet you have shown nothing on any of your various posts that have meteorite characteristics. You’ve also ducked all attempts to persuade you to get any of your rocks properly tested and in one post accused me of working for the Beijing Planetarium and trying to trick you into sending me one of your rocks (no thanks).

You’re now asking questions that demonstrate you actually know nothing about meteorites at all. If you really want to learn (do you?) then I think you need to take a step back and start with the basics. Jumping in at the deep end and reading research papers isn’t going to give you that knowledge and neither is looking at unattributed pictures on the internet from people who know little more than you do (eg the amateur Russian site you referenced on another thread where the specimens being shown were not meteorites at all).

I don’t know if you will be able to find these books in Ukrainian or Russian, but I would highly recommend “Rocks from Space” for an introduction and “The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites for a detailed look at typology (plenty of pictures). Both books are by O. Richard Norton.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocks-Space-Meteorites-Meteorite-Astronomy/dp/0878423737
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cambridge-Encyclopedia-Meteorites-Richard-Norton/dp/0521621437

When you refer to “spherules”, I assume you mean “chondrules” and are referring to chondrites. It’s untrue that none of this group of meteorites are rare. Enstatites are pretty scarce, Rumuritites and Kakangarites are very rare. These are all chondrite meteorites. Some of the sub-classes of carbonaceous chondrites are also rare.

Why not? writing articles, I took by selling several specimens in this forum, You didn t feel the shock? good things sell well everywhere, I have good news for you: Shanghai astronomical science museum collects meteorite specimens, but identify the certificate, Do you have a certificate?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know what you re looking for, you must also be from Shanghai, You think you know abouttes? the rock in your hand has been examined by scientists? Meteorites from the Tucson mineral show have been identified by scientists? I think you sell books, reality nets catch a lot of scammers,

Why not? writing articles, I took by selling several specimens in this forum, You didn t feel the shock? good things sell well everywhere, I have good news for you: Shanghai astronomical science museum collects meteorite specimens, but identify the certificate, Do you have a certificate?

One of us knows a lot about meteorites; has collected and studied them for more than 40 years; has hundreds of scientifically studied and typed specimens of most classifications (including rare ones) which are properly authenticated; does not sell dubious specimens or seek to profit from the inexperience of others; does not pretend to be something he is not; is not a scammer selling plain old rocks, not a bookseller, not an impostor from an institution trying to secure specimens, and certainly not Chinese.

The other of us is delusional.

I'll leave you to figure out which is which.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Redcoat - thanks for the links to the O. Richard Norton books!

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of us knows a lot about meteorites; has collected and studied them for more than 40 years; has hundreds of scientifically studied and typed specimens of most classifications (including rare ones) which are properly authenticated; does not sell dubious specimens or seek to profit from the inexperience of others; does not pretend to be something he is not; is not a scammer selling plain old rocks, not a bookseller, not an impostor from an institution trying to secure specimens, and certainly not Chinese.

Your meaning: Nor have meteorites from the mineral gem fair been identified by scientists, you think.....? Isold a few specimens, It s a natural history museum, You re not surprised? Thanks for your reply, Meteorites have certificates?

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you re a dood scientist, I ll send him a specimen, You answe a question: My specimens were purchased by a natural history museum, you feel cold? And it was purchased in the forum,

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not this guy again?????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread