Meteorite find in Italy

TOMMO

Apr 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Need help to identify this metal detector find. I think It's a meteorite.Anyone can help? Thank you Screenshot_20200415-143046.png Screenshot_20200415-113254.png Screenshot_20200415-113254.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415-143001.png
    Screenshot_20200415-143001.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200415-143031.png
    Screenshot_20200415-143031.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 43

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ho Tommo and welcome to the forum.

There's no way for that to be confirmed as a meteorite with that amount weathering and oxidised iron on it. All I could say that the appearance is more consistent with it being a natural terrestrial iron-rich concretionary mass... and that of course would be a much more likely find than a meteorite.

You've told us nothing about its properties (magnetism, streak colour?) or the geological context in which you found it, and haven't exposed either the true surface (below the weathering) or the interior.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard TOMMO! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...
teacher.gif
Here are a few informative articles talking about meteorites...

Meteorites are pieces of asteroids and other bodies like the moon and Mars that travel through space and fall to the earth...

Do You Think You May Have Found a Meteorite?

Portland State University - Meteorite identification
The mission of our laboratory is to conduct meteorite research to help understand our place in the universe...

About Meteorites

Aerolite Meteorites

A meteorite is a piece of iron, stone, or stony-iron composite that has fallen to Earth from outer space...

How to find out if you have a Meteorite?

Meteorite-Identification.Com

The purpose of this site is to help the visitor better understand elementary identification of the most common meteorites...

Suspect Meteorite Tests

OP
OP
T

TOMMO

Apr 17, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it in Piedmont far from vulcanic zones. It was 15 cm underground BUT the Land was moved many times during the years. I Will clean It and I Will send new photos. (It isn't magnetic and It isn't so heavy)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to ask cause you never know Stay safe out there Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread