Open letter to Randy L. Korotev, professor at Washington University in St. Louis, USA - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Open letter to Randy L. Korotev, professor at Washington University in St. Louis, USA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2020
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You mean that I found someone committing a crime, but I am not qualified to report the case. Do I have to be a police officer to stop crime?

gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    2397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlschina View Post
    You mean that I found someone committing a crime, but I am not qualified to report the case. Do I have to be a police officer to stop crime?
    I have no connection to Dr Korotev, nor any of the NomCom experts within the Meteoritical Society. However, I find it disgusting that you are accusing scientists with recognised credentials and international reputations of being frauds and criminals.

You seem to think there is some kind of conspiracy going on here. If that were the case, then you would need to extend your unwarranted accusations to a much wider set of scientific institutions and individuals as being complicit in some kind of international cartel. If that's what you want to believe... feel free... but it's an opinion that isn't going to gain much traction on any mainstream forum or with any authoritative audience.
    gunsil likes this.

Jun 2020
    1 times
    You mean "Will you not lie as long as you are authoritative." The President of the United States is clearly authoritative, Nixon is first-rate in both intelligence and character, but the truth is that he lied. You actually think :"because the Meteoritical Society is an authority, so the Meteoritical Society won't lie."
    Since you have nothing to do with the Meteoritical Society, but you are so active in saying something that clearly violates ethical common sense, what is your motivation?

gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    2397 times
    I can definitely see a "clear violation of ethical common sense"... but I'm pretty sure it isn't coming from me, or from the Meteoritical Society, or from any of the dozens of other scientific institutions and hundreds of experts researching meteoritics. That narrows down the possibilities somewhat....

Feb 2006
    1644 times
    I’d give it up, Red. Herding cats would be easier.

Jun 2020
    1 times
    Red-Coat

In the previous message, you said: "I do not speak on behalf of the Meteoritical Society and have never claimed that to be the case."
    Why do you now guarantee that so many institutions and individuals are moral role models, no one lied, no one sinned. The President of the United States cannot also guarantee that no one in the White House is lying, so how did you do it? Are you the master of these institutions and individuals?

Jun 2020
    1 times
    galenrog

Your remarks make people feel that "Red-Coat" cannot convince me with words. In fact, I am not good at debating, but "facts speak louder than words." The fact is why the Meteorological Society refused to disclose to the public its basis and process for identifying meteorite?The Meteoritical Society can explain the reasons to the public even if they refuse, why don't they respond? What is their motivation?
    Toecutter likes this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    4201 times
    They intend on taking over the world and only then will they tell us! MWAAAAA ha ha (too the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and the men in those white coats......)
    Molewacker and gunsil like this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6626 times
    Prospecting
    Gunsil said: <quote>Either one believes in modern science or one doesn't. If you don't like
    the criteria of other organizations simply go to school, get a degree, get a doctorate, and
    write your own meteorite identification manual.</quote>

CML, you seem to have an abundance of knowledge in the meteorite
    arena...maybe Gunsil's idea isn't so bad. Write a manual yourself,
    independently.

The fact is why the Meteorological Society refused to disclose to the public its basis and
    process for identifying meteorite?The Meteoritical Society can explain the reasons to the
    public even if they refuse, why don't they respond? What is their motivation?
    Again, respectfully, how the hell are we supposed to know? Name:  spider-0173.gif
Views: 43
Size:  2.0 KB

I understand you're upset, but to me it appears you just want to
    rant/argue with people over this issue you have. JMHO, but
    Treasurenet really isn't about that....

..just read the site rules.
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Jun 30, 2020 at 11:04 AM.
    gunsil likes this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

gb
    Dec 2019
    Surrey
    2397 times
    Red-Coat

In the previous message, you said: "I do not speak on behalf of the Meteoritical Society and have never claimed that to be the case."
    Why do you now guarantee that so many institutions and individuals are moral role models, no one lied, no one sinned. The President of the United States cannot also guarantee that no one in the White House is lying, so how did you do it? Are you the master of these institutions and individuals?
    No… I’m a founder-member of SHAM (Secret Hoodwinkers Against Meteorites). Our clandestine mission is to perpetrate fraud against meteorite collectors by spreading false information throughout the scientific community such as “meteorites from the moon can be identified by the faint aroma of blue cheese”.

We have successfully infiltrated NASA, the Lunar and Planetary Institute, the Astromaterials Discipline Working Group, the Planetary Sciences Research Institute, the Max-Planck-Institut fur Chemie, the Laboratory of Meteoritics and the Federation of Blue Cheese Manufacturers among others.

Jun 2020
    1 times
    Red-Coat

Any adult knows that judging whether a person is honest is not about listening to what he said, but instead observe his behavior.
    You use these authorities to prove that you are honest, such remarks have no meaning. Actually, I don't care if you are honest. My concern is:
    Why did the Meteoritical Society refuse to disclose to the public the basis and process of their meteorite identification? The Meteoritical Society can explain the reasons to the public even if they refuse, why don't they respond? What is their motivation?

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    6626 times
    Prospecting
    Red-Coat

My concern is: Why did the Meteoritical Society refuse to disclose to the public
    the basis and process of their meteorite identification? The Meteoritical Society
    can explain the reasons to the public even if they refuse, why don't they respond?
    What is their motivation?
    Name:  beatdeadhorse.gif
Views: 53
Size:  8.6 KBName:  beatdeadhorse.gif
Size:  8.6 KB Name:  beatdeadhorse.gif
Size:  8.6 KB

I proposed your questions to my assistant, and he promptly gave
    them a cat scan. I'll let you translate the results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	catitude.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1,016.2 KB 
ID:	1845684

As for me, I give up....Name:  hatethecomputer.gif
Views: 46
Size:  260.8 KB
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Jun 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM.
    Red-Coat, halo71, gunsil and 2 others like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    NOX899 ATpro
    5333 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Do meteorites even exist ? or is it only what they say? I have never seen rocks fall from they sky...
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    32600 times
    Halo71, calling or implying a member is a troll violates our rules, please no more insults.

Cmlschina, please keep politics out of the posts, it violates our rules.

The Meteoritical Society is not a member here, your not going to get any answers from them here. Not sure why you feel they owe you a reply.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Jun 2020
    1 times
    Treasure_Hunter

I'm just a response to Halo71's insulting language. I didn't discuss politics, I just used the political system as an analogy. If you think me violate your rules, I have no objection.
    The purpose of my message in this forum is to remind meteorite lovers around the world not to be deceived by fake meteorite. Because I am a victim of a false meteorite, I know the damage of false meteorite to meteorite lovers.

Globally, only your forum for meteorites is fair and transparent.Other forums have been controlled by some people. If I post some information on them that they are not willing to let the public know, they will delete my article immediately.

Not only forums, but journals about meteorites also refused to publish my articles. Among the forums about meteorite, only this forum has freedom of speech. If anyone knows a forum or media that still maintains free speech, please let me know.

Since Meteoritical Society is the highest authority for meteorite identification in the world, if they do not publish the basis and process of meteorite identification, fake meteorites will always exist.
    Last edited by cmlschina; Jul 01, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links