Meteorites or Meteowrongs?? At least these Leaverite Videos have Songs

Derk

Sep 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, gosh. For this thread I wanted to post some close-up videos of two different stones that Ive found and I am wondering about. They were both found near Kokomo, IN. Both stick to my magnet, either well, or very well. And these contain each, a different form what look like they could be chondrules??

The footage was recorded using an inexpensive usb microscope across some mostly flat, crudely polished "window" cuttings I made in them.

I couldn't thank anybody enough for taking the time to look at the footage and share any thoughts or questions with me. And I am not sure if and how I can embed a youtube video in the thread, so if theres nothing to look at or watch in this post, :ruby:Right Below Here:ruby: then I am fixing it and should have the videos up shortly.

This one shows several gigantic looking "feed me Seymore," type of chondrule-like structures. Could that be what those are??

And this piece appears to be loaded with shiny metal(nickel-iron?) chondrules of varying sizes, including a few behemoth balls buried beneath a beautiful black layer of smooth glossy fusion crust, with distinctly melt-flow shaped regmaglypt looking portions on a couple edges.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep looking, as both are terrestrial. :occasion14:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Neither rock has any visible characteristics of meteorites.

Time for more coffee.

OP
OP
Derk

Derk

Sep 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your time. Hopefully you wouldn't mind checking out a couple more that I will post in new threads. Thanks for your input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread