Meteorite or not?

Frants

Feb 27, 2021
Prague
Detector(s) used
Garrette Ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. Please, help to identify. Found with MD with strong signal . Magnetic. 2 kg. Heavy for its size. Tried to saw off a piece, a hand saw for metal did not work
1614451179878.JPEG изображение_viber_2021-02-27_1.jpg 1614453897809.JPEG 1614460611709.JPEG

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

teacher.gif
2nd - Until a member pipes in - here are a few informative articles talking about meteorites...

Meteorites are pieces of asteroids and other bodies like the moon and Mars that travel through space and fall to the earth...

Do You Think You May Have Found a Meteorite?

Portland State University - Meteorite identification
The mission of our laboratory is to conduct meteorite research to help understand our place in the universe...

About Meteorites

Aerolite Meteorites

A meteorite is a piece of iron, stone, or stony-iron composite that has fallen to Earth from outer space...

How to find out if you have a Meteorite?

Meteorite-Identification.Com

The purpose of this site is to help the visitor better understand elementary identification of the most common meteorites...

Suspect Meteorite Tests

OP
OP
F

Frants

Feb 27, 2021
Prague
Detector(s) used
Garrette Ace 400i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 more picture