Long Time Hunter - First Time it Looked like this. Meteorite?

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not a novice that jumps to conclusions. Been relic hunting since 1969 but never found something like this.

"Hot rocks" are generally light. This is heavy (not like lead, like heavy iron).

It is magnetic, but only on one side. Not found near anything else that looks of feels like this. Not near any industry or a blacksmith shop. Found in a field in Hanover County Virginia that has been in cultivation for at least 200 years. I stress, nothing else found that looks or feels like this. I have no idea what it is, and would just like to know. In the light, as you turn it, it has many sparkles that reflect light, but they are tiny specks. Found with a metal detector, not a surface find. Anybody can educate me??

DSCN8422.jpg

DSCN8423.jpg

DSCN8424.jpg

DSCN8427.jpg

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Virginia are you in? I'm west of Martinsville and found similar stuff near Fairystone State Park where there was a iron mine and furnace.

OP
OP
parsonwalker

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found in central Virginia not far from Richmond. I did keep it islamoradamark . . .

What part of Virginia are you in? I'm west of Martinsville and found similar stuff near Fairystone State Park where there was a iron mine and furnace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread