Treasure Hunting in MEXICO

P1atino

Jul 15, 2011
To the north of Guadalajara is a blown shut cave containing a hoard of silver bars and a mine nearby. Two of the bars were removed from the tunnel in 1934 before a treasure hunter blew it shut. It's still there in a canyon north of the city.

My grandfather and his brothers have spent most of their lives looking for this mine. Unfortunately for them (due to their poverty) they have not used any detector or echo of tech that would give them an edge. I once went down with them but since it is a canyon it was dificult to manuver. There is also a tale of a heist that occured in the mid 1800's of some bandits made away with 4 mule loads of gold and silver (each mule load is aprox 100kg) from a bank also in Guadalajara and curiosly the tale says that they hid in the canyon.

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
chat77 said:
Hi everyone...I dont know if you guys heard about "Camino real de tierra adentro" (old silver road) this road was made back in the 1500s and starts in Mexico city and ends somewhere in New Mexico US....well I live about 20 miles from the original path.......is full of old haciendas and virgin mountains to do treasure hunting.....I have a Garrett Ace 300 and I already found a couple of coins from 1800s and some from the beginning of last century....if anyone is interesting let mi know...I live in Aguascalientes...and close to Zacatecas, San miguel de allende or guanajuato.....i usually go twice a month to treasure hunting....Very interesting places to visit. let me know if someone wants to try it.... :icon_thumright:

Hola que tal hermanito!

I know this thread is 'pasado' [dated] but thought I would write anyway.

I favour the beaches [easy work], due to some physical restraints. Las playas de Acapulco y cerca di Pie de la Cuesta, but I might try anywhere.

I'm 74 but probably can still 'keep up'. Le parece?

chat77

Aug 31, 2010
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300
Hank said:
chat77 said:
Hi everyone...I dont know if you guys heard about "Camino real de tierra adentro" (old silver road) this road was made back in the 1500s and starts in Mexico city and ends somewhere in New Mexico US....well I live about 20 miles from the original path.......is full of old haciendas and virgin mountains to do treasure hunting.....I have a Garrett Ace 300 and I already found a couple of coins from 1800s and some from the beginning of last century....if anyone is interesting let mi know...I live in Aguascalientes...and close to Zacatecas, San miguel de allende or guanajuato.....i usually go twice a month to treasure hunting....Very interesting places to visit. let me know if someone wants to try it.... :icon_thumright:

Hola que tal hermanito!
Me parece! right now Im in the Guadalajara area, just let me no if you come :)
I know this thread is 'pasado' [dated] but thought I would write anyway.

I favour the beaches [easy work], due to some physical restraints. Las playas de Acapulco y cerca di Pie de la Cuesta, but I might try anywhere.

I'm 74 but probably can still 'keep up'. Le parece?

richhill

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2012
Rich Hill Az.
Detector(s) used
Mine lab
Whites
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Am going to be here in Mx for a while will be detecting around San Miguel Allende and other parts of the state of Guanajuato...
any ideas would be helpful. Also state of Nayarit.
thanks

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Colorado Gold Sticks Discovery Treasure Finder 900
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hellow fellow hunters im Jason Evans im an American Mexican i have good news i have some for shure spots you want a treasure hunt of a life time i need some one that has a detector that will reach at least 2 meters with discrimination.. i will take you untill we find at least 20 coins each. now this is a for shure thing.. history all in the history i live in CD Obregon Sonora Mexico the treasure is no more than an hour from me..this is no joke iv been tryin to get a machine my self and have a good one Whites XLT but i;ts just not enough...if your interested leave me a message here and we;ll go from there good luck God Bless

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hellow fellow hunters im Jason Evans im an American Mexican i have good news i have some for shure spots you want a treasure hunt of a life time i need some one that has a detector that will reach at least 2 meters with discrimination.. i will take you untill we find at least 20 coins each gold coins. now this is a for shure thing.. history all in the history i live in CD Obregon Sonora Mexico the treasure is no more than an hour from me..this is no joke iv been tryin to get a machine my self and have a good one Whites XLT but i;ts just not enough...if your interested leave me a message here and we;ll go from there good luck God Bless

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Srry it would be gold coins and maybe a bar or to is what were lookin for

Dannygold

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chat 77 from danny gold

To chat 77 from danny gold
Im coming to mexico en dos semanas...
I have good equipment. Here is my [email protected]

Dannygold

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone on this forum know how contact chat77

Just trying to get up with chat 77 or gold 72... I metal detect mexico a couple months each year...would like to meet you...my e mail contact [email protected]. anytime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions