metal detecting laws in Mexico

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Belly,
I just replied to a post by Stargeezer with the same question. You may want to check out that posting.
NJ

ptlmg

Greenie
Aug 26, 2007
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
I just spoke with a gentleman that owns a store that sales metal detectors in Mexico and they advised it is legal to take md's into and out of Mexico. The only catch is if you find relics, they must be declared so as to not violate any antiquities act. He advised that he sales quite a few md's and that it is a growing hobby in Mexico. Good luck.

sflsweeper

Greenie
Feb 25, 2010
Thank you for the replies, sorry for the confusion. I am planning on water hunting, I should have been a little more specific though. I am asking advice on location for water hunting. Is there any resort or beach that may or has produced more than another or does anyone know where the rich drunks are? HAHA.
Thanks again HH
Sweeper

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should do well at any of the resort beaches but if you are not staying at the resort they may throw you out. My experience has been I just detect up the resort row beach and if anyone asks me to leave I move on to the next one. More beach then you could ever cover so just move on.

Good luck

NJ

HistoryUnearthed

Jun 28, 2015
La Porte County, Indiana and SC Low-country part t
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the laws haven't changed

I will be at Puerto Vallart in a couple of weeks. From what I know the public beaches on no problem. I have see on several sites where people have detected both in and out of the water. There are also several Youtube videos of detecting in Mexico.

I plan to hit the beaches and some of the water. As always, do your research so that you are comfortable.

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Greetings... I am in Playa del Carmen, Mexico at the moment (Yucatan near Cozumel and Cancun). My understanding is that all beaches in Mexico are PUBLIC regardless if a resort is situated on one or not. If so, what legal right does a resort have to toss a metal detectorist off the beach? Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread