Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had enough of the cold weather so I'm heading down to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico next month for a little sun, relaxation and water detecting. Has anyone been to this area before and if so do you have any recommendations/tips for hunting it. I was there is 2006 and found two gold rings, lots of foreign coins and Mexican Pesos but I stayed in the resort areas. I would love to try some older sites down there if anyone knows of any.

Thanks in advance for your input.

NJ

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Hi N.J.THer, I went there for my honeymoon and stayed at the Iberostar Tucan. They had a jungle in the center courtyard and I woke everyday and watched monkeys climb throught the trees from my balcony. Didn't have an MD then and so I am not sure of the laws there. Be careful at the beaches. Stay focused on your targets and not on the top optional bathers. Snorkling was a blast. We were a 5 minute walk to the ferry for Cozumel, which had some great shops. Chichen Itza was breathtaking and fulfillment of a childhood dream. Playa del Carmen was a newer resort area and I don't know what was there before they started building over it. Have a great time and good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread