detectando en Sonora? (Northern Mexico)

eoomee

May 21, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Hola Hola. I'll write the post in English to be more "universal."

Does anybody knows any good spots in Sonora to find treasure?
I'm not concerned about the law at all...or being approached by cops like some tourists have mentioned. In fact that's why I rather detect in Mexico than in the states, for the freedom of it.

Born and raised in Navojoa/Cd. Obregon I know how stuff works down there, and besides I think Metal detecting is very underrated.. particularly in Mexico.

Anyways, Im in Tucson studying/working at the moment.. and I've been starting to get very interested in this acitivty. Im 24, and I find it funny that when I mention this hobbie to friends or people my age they look at me like if I came from outer space. Would be nice to find somebody that detects in the area.

Im going to attempt beaches first for jewelry, San Carlos soon.. but Im sure there's many places were old treasures were buried..
I'd like to hear from y'all

Algun Sonorense?

E

el_gral

Hello!

Sorry I dont have any experience detecting in Sonora, my experience is far to the south in Michoacan, but I agree with you on what you said about your friends, LOL my friends are the same way im 26 yrs old and when I mention metal detecting or treasure hunting they look at me like im crazy.

Well hopefully Real de Tayopa shows up and gives you a few leads, he is also from Sonora and we always enjoy his tips and advice.

Buena Suerte!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a little older then both of you but still consider myself young at 39. I've been in the hobby now for around three years. At the beginning it really bothered me when people reacted that way when they found out I metal detect so I did not tell many people. After doing it for a few years I want everyone to know and I don't care who sees me out in the field. I'm so happy when I'm detecting and I'm proud to be part of the detecting community. Now when I have people over to the house and they find out about my detecting. They usually start busting my chops so I just pull out a few display cases of finds and their jaws drop. Even coverted a few over to start detecting. Nothing makes a statement like a binder full of old silver, a jar of gold or a 200 year old coin.

I've found some nice gold jewelery in Mexico and have never had a problem on the beach or in the airport.

Keep swinging.

NJ

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caballeros: Sorry for the delay I have never had any problems detecting in Sonora, Chihuahua, Sinaloa or Durango.

Eoomee, these states are loaded. I have many excellent leads. Picalos..

Don Jose de La Mancha

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Any of you boys down Sonora way, let me know if you run into any of Joaquin Murieta's relatives... I would LOVE to talk to them.....I have a TON of questions... Maybe even make a roadtrip... ;D ;D ;D

PLL

T

tulecanyon

i have a site below agua prieta that may make the news if anyone wishs to fuss with the issues along the border.
it has to with some material pancho villa lost while on march along the border.

i gained a big interview with everyone who had a badge down there(both sides of the border), which is why i have not gone back.

cannons anyone?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola: I remember about that trip. He lost a lot of men and equipment crossing the mt's because of the snow.

Under the presnent law, the only way that you could handle this is with a gov't permit for archaeological research and recovery. Anything less calls for a long prepaid rest in the Mexican Hsnoi Hilton.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Sito

Jan 4, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi! funny i am here looking for someone with good equipment to try in very good lead in south of the state of Sonora, if you are interested i can give you the phone number for this person who is in a hurry to remove this treasure out of the ground. He use to own a OKM eXp 4000 Metal Detector and want something better if possible, he have several places to search. Phoenix and mexican phone available for good conversation
my email is: [email protected]

Hola! Intersante, estoy aquí buscando a alguien con un buen equipo para busqueda en muy buena pista en el sur del estado de Sonora, si estás interesado te puedo dar el número de teléfono de esta persona que tiene prisa para sacar este tesoro del suelo. El tenia un detector de OKM eXp 4000 metaldetector y quiere algo mejor si es posible, que tiene varios lugares para buscar. Phoenix y el teléfono mexicano disponible para una buena conversación

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread