To the idiot who -

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
To the idiot who went detecting at Frost and Cascades elementary schools in Jackson fill your damn holes. I could see your damage a full 200 feet away from every hole you dug. I had to spent my limited time of detecting repairing your destruction. Not only did you leave sod plugs everywhere you also left the trash you extracted laying on the ground or still in the holes. If you want to outlaw MD'ing just write your congressman and stay home. Sorry but this just pisses me off.

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
that is friggin ridiculous, i swear if i come across anyone leaving holes open im gonna put them in the hole and bury them myself. I agree with you totally, it take 20 seconds to fill it and stomp it a bit, i too have had to fill holes people left behind.
Dan

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess What I did Saturday???

Yep, same thing as Gallienus, taking care of some other slobs holes he didn't fill in! Must have filled in 20 holes. Guys like that don't do us any good!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep in mind that if there is a large squirrell population they may open up holes, I've seen it.
Does'nt look like the case here tho, unless the detectorist is re-burying the trash and THEN rodents open up the holes. Just sayin'.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Good point Duane. I had that happen to me once. I was granted permission at a neat old home site that was up for sale. Could go anytime I wanted. Well after being there the day before I went back and discovered most of my holes were flipped over and it looked like crap. Glad no one was living in the home at the time because they probably would have never let me come back. I have also had homeowners dogs follow after me and redig the holes I covered up. Jim

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
Dan - don't you usually follow me and bury the holes I dig ? oh , no wait - you follow me and dig the coins I missed . . .

Ian

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
I have also noticed that heavy duty lawnmowers have a tendency to lift sod from freshly filled holes.

oldsledz

Apr 7, 2007
Mid MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Tesoro
I have also seen holes that Squirrels have opened back up but they just took out part of the dirt most of the time just the sod it don't look the same as a hole a Treasure hunter left open

OP
OP
gallienus267

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
What I was seeing was not an animal digging things back up. I have seen that before. This was caused by an irresponsible md'er. When I dig a target you have to look hard to see where I dug the hole. I put the sod back and then I brush all the dirt back or brush it into the grass to hide it. This jerk left all plugs out and piles of dirt all around the hole. It looked like crap. Never saw such slob work.

T

The.Boomer

If everyone learned to coin pop it would solve this problem. :wink:

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
thats why i haven't md'd the last 3 months i have limited time and i got tired of this type of sh- oops, CRAP!!!!! must be some one not on this forum or have any common sense also you are talking about jackson where i have noticed the intelligence level of 95% of the population is around 80 IQ no wonder the factories are all leaving the area. whats real sad is, this 95% are parents. Then 2% of pop. are embezzlers, liars, etc. that leaves 3% of us out here in the county. I'm saving my money to get the hell out of here.

M

michigan michael

I am a little strange but, I get satafaction out of filling my hole and making it look like I was not ever there. It seems if you are just in it for the find, greed would take over then it turns to work instead of enjoyment. Just my thought.

MM

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a pet ratcoon that would open my holes after I filled them in. I had to leave him at home when I went out detecting.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the person don't fill their hole's back in, I doubt they would have any idea this site exists.

This is very true. If they did read about someone leaving a mess they wouldn't think it meant them. If I see anyone intentionally leaving plugs out and trash laying around like that I would report them to the park manager with photos, car license plate and ask for a bounty brought in dead.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
-The more folks that get into the hobby,
the more slobs your going to have.

-The more folks that get into the hobby,
the more areas will be placed off limits.

When I leave an area, you cannot tell I was there.

all have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I leave an area, you cannot tell I was there

Same here. We even make sure the grass in the sod is facing in the exact right position. (as it was growing).

When we were in Pa, we had someone (don't know who) who left their holes all the time. He must not have been a good md-er, though.

Before you fill in his holes - pass your detector over it - cause this guy must have been impatient - found several coins in his open holes (along with trash, too). We picked the coins, disposed of the trash (I mean, who wants to detect trash - especially for a second time), and filled his holes.

That kind of irresponsibility is why we get a bad name. We have actually gotten a few "attaboys", when people have seen us take the garbage out of an area - we don't need another slob.

B

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Strolling through and read this, talked to a maintenance man this summer (2010), he said they have been asking all md's to leave JPS property. Don't know if this is school policy or just the lawn guys being po'd. I have a pretty good idea who did it, don't know his name though, but I've cleaned up behind him before.

Too bad, hate to hear about this stuff, even though I don't detect the schools.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
jadeblackhawk said:
Strolling through and read this, talked to a maintenance man this summer (2010), he said they have been asking all md's to leave JPS property. Don't know if this is school policy or just the lawn guys being po'd. I have a pretty good idea who did it, don't know his name though, but I've cleaned up behind him before.

Too bad, hate to hear about this stuff, even though I don't detect the schools.
I've seen the damage those lawn guys do. Scalping, burns, and gouging. The zero-turn mowers are the worst, I know because I own one. I'm not defending careless diggers. The big mowers will rip a plug right out of the ground. I'm careful when I dig park property, but have been accused of leaving piles of dirt where I've hunted, when in fact it was ground moles. What a mess those animals make!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread