Having some serious withdrawals

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
IM serious, I have been shut down for two weeks due to sub zero temps and over a foot of snow, its killin me, i went detecting 2 or 3 days a week and usually all day saturday and sometimes sunday too for at leat half a day now .....nothing

I'm actually getting thinking about getting in the car for the weekend and driving south one weekend until i find warm enough weather to detect.
I dont wanna lose my edge hibernating for the winter this blows.......................

I wonder what they'd say if i tried to check myslef in to the re-hab center

DTM

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I feel your pain brother

Here in Muskegon we've got about 19 inches and it's snowing now. I don't know how far south you would have to drive I heard last week it snowed in Vegas and in Louisiana. They tell me the sun WILL shine again.

HH
MichiganRob

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I would love to go spend a couple weeks on the gulf coast just swingin'. Snow, ice and 0 degrees here too. Swing by and pick me up on your way through. :thumbsup:

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
It's times like this, Too look at new place to hunt in spring..... :) Or get on the computer and google your area too find new places, And read up on them :icon_study: There are a lot of things too do , when you are waiting for the weather to get better. ;D Have fun looking for new places to find your treasure :wink:

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
I allready have a list long enough to keep me and my partner busy for the next 2 seasons and still counting, i do a lot of research during lunch every day i kill 45 minutes

dtm

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Dan,
I'm about 200 miles North of you. My season ended at Thanksgiving. I would like to tell you that it gets easier, but I hate to lie.
Snowing here again. We have waaaaay over 2 feet sitting on the ground now.

My parents are in Alabama at their winter place. I am thinking that I really need to visit there in January or February!

I am going stir crazy. Blowing snow is not an realistic replacement for swinging a coil!

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
I was prolly cruising your back yard on my sled i frequently ride up near grayling gaylord, jordan river valley area, ill be up there agin on sunday, i do find other stuff to do but ......
hey you should have some old logging camps to hunt up there.

dan

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Up in Houghton Lk over the weekend.40" on my deck there.Tried to ride but no trails broken near the cottage....Rode my sled "under" the snow....no fun.
At home , the thaw/freeze from a week ago has left the ground under the snow hard as a rock.....may be some time thawing even after the snow goes down.
Im with you Dan....10 hours and I could be in central VA....upper 30s to low 40s...my kind of hunting weather.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget that Giant was out all last winter on the West side, hunting the woods in 12'' deep snow, and making good finds.
I'm having serious withdrawals myself. Thinking about placing my work tent w/heater over a good spot and melting the snow, ha!
Hope we get a mid-winter thaw with 60 degree weather like in the past.
COME ON SPRING!

AMC

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMC rulz said:
Don't forget that Giant was out all last winter on the West side, hunting the woods in 12'' deep snow, and making good finds.
I'm having serious withdrawals myself. Thinking about placing my work tent w/heater over a good spot and melting the snow, ha!
Hope we get a mid-winter thaw with 60 degree weather like in the past.
COME ON SPRING!

AMC
I use a Super 12 coil in the winter and move very slow especially in deep snow, it'll amaze you how deep a detector will go through the snow, I just wear my ice fishing stuff so I can't move too fast. This weather we have been having is too cold though, when it's below 22F my detector still works but the LCD display starts getting very sluggish so usually I don't go unless it's above 25 degrees and not very windy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you Dan. I've been watching the You Tube videos and even went to the Whites website to watch the videos. Now I am thinking of ordering a DFX to replace mine. :coffee2:

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
xdanthemanx said:
IM serious, I have been shut down for two weeks due to sub zero temps and over a foot of snow, its killin me, i went detecting 2 or 3 days a week and usually all day saturday and sometimes sunday too for at leat half a day now .....nothing

I'm actually getting thinking about getting in the car for the weekend and driving south one weekend until i find warm enough weather to detect.
I dont wanna lose my edge hibernating for the winter this blows.......................

I wonder what they'd say if i tried to check myslef in to the re-hab center

DTM

West Branch checking in. Buried in snow...close to 3 feet here. Got a new MXT and no place to go. I feel like that gal that got a new dress with no place to go. If you guys head south for a weekend, don't leave me at the altar!

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we have a condo on singer island in florida and it sucks i cant go , i am also getting the withdraws

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread