Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only posted on T-net a couple times. Some of you may know me from other forums. A friend told me about the MI forum here so I plan to be more active here. I seen below that there are many people from SW MI. I want to personally invite you all even if you live outside on SW MI, to our detecting club meeting.
The SW MI Seek & Search Club is one of the biggest detecting clubs in the US. We meet the third Tuesday every month in Plainwell. Here is a link to our club. ( swmss.org ) We have members from Elk hart IN to White Cloud, and from Lake MI to Jackson and everywhere in between! We even have a member in Arkansas!
We also have several deaf members and we have interpreters at each meeting. So if you know someone who is hearing impaired that is into detecting or would maybe like to give it a try, let them know about us.
I hope to see some of you there on March 17th.

God bless!

Mike Walker

President - SW MI Seek & Search Club

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mike and it's good to see you posting here :thumbsup: My brother and I met you last summer out in Battle Creek in a park detecting, he had a signal and dug a little then he wandered off without recovering it and I checked it with my MXT and said it reads like a zinc but didn't dig it, you then recovered the coin and I think you said yup it's a zinc. After you guys left I managed to dig a couple wheats then we took off to go to another spot. From what I understand they're going to build a new school in BC right where Dickman road T's at the end, people have already sold their land to the city and there were a couple lots we detected where we found some nice old coins so keep your eyes open I think it's gonna be a hot spot once the excavator's get under way. Put your small coil on when you go there cause it's gonna be a lot like the Dickman road project was I suspect, I managed to get a 12lb solid shot cannon ball out of there along with a lot of military stuff from the civil war era, there's another guy (oldtimer) that dug a beautiful union army breast plate there too but it's all covered up now. The old timer told me that during the civil war era that this particular area was used for military training. I also found a neat pair of sterling captains bars there too but hard saying when exactly they were made.

Larry N.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Welcome to Tnet!
I am a native of GR, but have lived in Up North since High School.

Actually a native Grand Rapids Hollander.

Good Luck down there.

Mark in East Jordan

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Welcome Mike. I was aware of you and the club. It would be interesting to attend one of your meetings. I have met acouple other members, that club didn't get that big by accident.
Good Hunting
Muleskinner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread