Tag along friend find

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today, i called a buddy who is new to detecting, he dosent know a dang thing about this hobby...So today i called him up to go with me just to have company.. I told him i have permission to this church and the next lot to it..He used my cibola and wouldnt you know it , he found a 1903 2 1/2 gold coin... This blows he used my detector goes to my hunting area and finds this coin... He got so excited he wanted to go home , we were out only 1 hour.. the good thing is he dosent have a detector and doesnt know the person who gave me permission on this site... So this weekend im going back there to hunt the hell out of this place... Breaks my heart i didnt find it, I will now carry a camera with me, I wanted to take a picture to show you guys. he said he will, and give it to me so i hope to have it up on here by the weekend.. The other good news is that i know my cibola can find gold coins...

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
hey you have to expect beginners luck, i know i do. well hope you find one for your self as well. now he is probally hooked and has years of pull tabs ahead of him to make up for that gold piece :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he isnt to bright he asked me if it was worth 50 bucks,, i told him yeah... and then i told him i have no idea and he needed to check with a coin store

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Well, Mike Looks like it is a good productive spot. Lots of luck on the rest of it. That was good of you to take him
out like that when he didn't have a machine of his own. I am sure that he will never forget that you did that.

Ray

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah the spot is a good area not much garbage around... but there is a area that had illeagle gambling going on and story's of a area they called robbers roost because of the hills and stage coach robbery's... Ray ill take you there.. I just don't want to say to much because i hate to accidentally give the location

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.. I should find something around there its sort of a big area, I didn't get a chance to hunt a lot. I was trying to teach Gordon how to use my machine. after 5 min i told him to use it in all metal mode, and just dig everything that makes it beep, and he did and found the coin..I found this spot learning a few things from dantheman on here. Anyone who joins his spring hunt will go home with a few tips.. He is smart on how to map and find location's around the area's.. So if anyone who is new this hobby should go and meet the people from here. Heck i learned something new about my machine from Saginaw Ian from here and i knew him for 1 hour..And i had my machine for over a year,I need to meet up with people who know the ground balancing so i can understand it for my tiger shark

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
What a great story and so sad for you at the same time. Tell your friend congrats and make sure he knows how special that find is. At the very least you should get a big steak dinner out of him :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have to get one from him this week. he lives about 25 miles from where i live and he is a backwoods hillbilly so he dont have a computer... I mean he lives in a mobile home in the middle of woods and hunts to eat,(dont mean to offend anyone).. When i go back to the area ill get one it should be saturday or sunday when i go back to the site and see him.. Ill get a picture

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
Man, that's awsome. Love to see a Pix as well. Snow's almost gone, now if the ground will thaw past 3 inches!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread