Need help please...Hit dead end

michiganbutcher

Apr 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Ive hit a dead end on my research...I have alot of old areas around me, such as lumber camps, Train Stations, bygone towns..etc..etc.. I cant seem to be able to pinpoint any of these locations...such as roads or landmarks...in order to get a better Idea of where these areas were located then. I am also looking for MD partners in the area...I like to get out as often as I can. Thanks in advance.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old maps can help alot. Go to a local library and ask about old maps of the area. You can also try old newspapers. Many libraries have them on micrfische or other easy to look at system. Also talk with the old folks around town, they are a wealth of knowledge.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hi Gary,
When we get together I can show you some of the maps etc. that I have that will cover Otsego county too.

I've had good luck going to our library and pulling up old newspapers and then scanning the pages to CDs, then taking them home and opening them on my computer.

Looking forward to hunting with you soon,
Mark

OP
OP
michiganbutcher

michiganbutcher

Apr 24, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Great...looking forward to it. I havent searched the old papers yet, there maps only went back to 1935.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the libray of the area your hunting thats the best place and if they dont look for the county libray...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions