Surfmaster II Plus with its stock Amphibian II coil

White Nutz

Greenie
Aug 6, 2008
Ferndale Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Happy 4th of July everybody. I am heading to Higgins lake tomorrow and was hoping some might know what I should expect out f this machine while wading in a clear water shallow lake r in the sand on shore....Any tips observations or advice would mean the world to me. I have been disabled and have not worked for almost 4 years now. And being a good guy I have not spent the money to drive anywhere even though I own this machine and a Whites XLT for nearly 3 years I think.I traded stuff I had to get them . Spending money when you aren't making any steady coin isn't right to me. Well we are going up north to my sisters and I am bringing this machine....Should I bring the XLT even though I have not really used it either? I'll stop asking so many questions now and as this is short notice I appreciate any comments at all. Bless all of you and your loved ones...Be safe Michael

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a little late. I also have the surfmaster II and I. I have done pretty good with both of the whites. You should do pretty good just take your time and good luck,.....Matt

OP
OP
W

White Nutz

Greenie
Aug 6, 2008
Ferndale Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Not to late...We are just moseying around and now will be driving up north with all those who had to work..But we took it easy all day and thats what to do on an extra day off if you can. Anyhow that little vote of confidence will help a lot..I was thinking my machine was to old for anyone to know anything about it....Now I will have a little extra attitude and attitude is everything in my book. Thanks very much fr your comment!

R AND R

Jan 25, 2009
Menominee, MI
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Sidewinder,Stingray 2, Bandito Classic, 1265X w/ Hot Head 12, BHID 9.5 coil and Garrett ACE 2fiddy!
If it's the VLF one w the GB inside and 3 9'vs it a very good unit for freshwater. Set the disc as low as you can stand it and go find goodies. I had one and wish i'd kept it!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering how you did on your trip to the lake. do not know where you live but if you would like to get together sometime drop me a email. I am always looking for a good spot to detect. Even if I have to spent the night and we could detect all week end.....Matt

OP
OP
W

White Nutz

Greenie
Aug 6, 2008
Ferndale Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Sorry I never saw this...The way it played out up north was not good as far as detecting was concerned. Unfortunately the family now decided to go to North Higgins Lake State Park instead of the South Unit. Well South allows MDing while the North unit does not. Am I lucky or what? And being the good guy I am I stayed at the park with the wife so she would actually have a vacation from work .She punches a clock and I don't .Leaving a weary wife with our 7 year old at the lake would have been OK with her in the short run but a bad decision in the long run so I called the shot. He is a water lover & does not come out of the lake at all so watching him steadily is the norm .I have been rewarded ..LOL. Thanks for asking.....And by all means get ahold of me to do some detecting. The life is not all free time by any means but I am betting I could get away to do some serious time out there on a agreed upon weekend.Let s make it happen. If nothing else the first thing that interests me is the labor day opening of the beach at Metro..If I got that right?? Lets look into it. Michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread