panning lake superior??

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Hey taking a few day camping up at T. Falls. was going to hit some superior beaches. Anyone know of any good beaches on Superior near white fish point that has that black sand? I read allot that the beaches up there produce flour pan-able gold but I didn't know if it was specific ones or not or all of them. I know you can buy maps and such but going on a super limited budget.....

thanks

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Be careful where you do any kind of prospecting activity at, alot of Superior shoreline it is national park, and you know how they are.

I've seen videos on youtube where people were sluicing on the beach, etc, but I don't think they got a whole lot. I'm not sure if they were in Michigan or Wisconsin.

Aaleck

Dec 29, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of not specifically related to the topic but it reminded me of a story my mother use to tell me while she was camping up there as a kid. It was after the edmund fitzgerald sunk and there were tons of things washing up on the beaches... I wonder how much of that stuff is still up there not recovered...

Whitesmxt66

Dec 29, 2011
Clarkston, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, really want the MXT though.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to dayooper.com

They actually give you directions where to go. Good luck planning a trip there this year my self I have a place in cheboygan few hours away from there.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey surfin did you do any good panning Superior. Would like to know if you found anything. It may be a good trip for me this spring just to get away for the weekend......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions