All ready for my 1st hunt of 2014!!!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I dug out my machine, cleaned off the coils/covers, put new batteries in the battery packs, and set up a few pattern programs I want to try. I have to go down to Ann Arbor for VA appointments on Monday so I'm going down a day early to hit a few parks since Sunday's weather down there looks good. The parks I want to hit are pretty hammered but who knows? I also would like to stop by Serious Detecting and do a little shopping. I need to find a good harness to take some of the weight off of the ol' Explorer II...(and also look at the E-Trac and CTX 3030 and sigh a lot!)

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish ya all the luck! Crappy day here, rain, snow, and now wind coming. When will it end!? ???

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rained here all day......................Looks good for Sunday, though!

OP
OP
SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rained here all day......................Looks good for Sunday, though!

It's crappy up here today too. The weather forecast for Sunday in Ann Arbor is sunny and mid-50s so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Graham

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live really close to Ann Arbor and I just googled Serious Detecting because I'd never heard of it. It turns out I live about 5 minutes away from it and I never knew it existed. Is it a pretty cool place? Their website says they have prospecting supplies there as well as MD equipment. It sounds like my kind of place! I'll have to check it out soon. My girlfriend keeps telling me I need to get my butt to the VA too, lol. I will at some point...

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live really close to Ann Arbor and I just googled Serious Detecting because I'd never heard of it. It turns out I live about 5 minutes away from it and I never knew it existed. Is it a pretty cool place? Their website says they have prospecting supplies there as well as MD equipment. It sounds like my kind of place! I'll have to check it out soon. My girlfriend keeps telling me I need to get my butt to the VA too, lol. I will at some point...[/QUOTE
I was going to buy a Vibra Probe from them for my wife on eBay, but I'm too cheap to pay sales tax so I went with Windy City instead. If the new internet sales tax law goes into effect, I'm going to spend my money with the locals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions