MI. State Parks are changing the maps regarding metal detecting areas.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan State Parks say one thing and do another. The list of areas that you may metal detect are Day use areas, Campgrounds, Designated swimming areas, Parking lots and Boat access parking lots.

On the DNR website most of the maps that show where you may metal detect are only Parking lots and Boat access parking lots. These are mostly paved. Not many coins to be found there to buy a coffee.

Keep writing the DNR to get the rules changed so all areas are open. One dude with a shovel can get the park closed to all of us.

C

chibear

Thanks for the up-date Sandman. i've gotten so many mixed messages from State, county, and township people here in Houghton Lake and Higgins Lake. Was told "they dont even want to see a metal detector at Higgins Lake anywhere.....lol....I guess they dont want us to find Hoffa's body......lol thanks again and HH

chibear

Jim-MI

Mar 28, 2005
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon
It infuriates me ...all the closed areas in Michigan State Parks. I did write our Congressman, Of course I heard nothing back :-[...............Probably Jenny's fault

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread