Newbie here- need recommendations............

ms.digg

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2007
michigan

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
it may be kind of heavy, but if you want to hit the water, should be a great machine, have you checked out detector pro machines, the controls are in the headphones.

D

Doctor Detroit

I had a 1280 and liked it for water hunting in fresh water. I've never been to a salt water beach but would like to try it. I now use a CZ-20 by Fisher an while they look the same, they aren't. The 1280 has preset GB while the CZ-20 you have to Ground Balance so in some places it should go deeper I'm told. 1280 makes one tone and the 20 makes three to help id the target. When I used the 1280 I set the disc. at 2 and dug everything that made a noise. The CZ-20 set with the disc. at 1 I only hear the mid tone and high tones which cuts down on digging hair pins, etc. Hope this helps you some.

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Diamonddiva welcome to the hobbie

the 1280x is a great freshwater machine. its build like a tank to stand up to the rigors of water detecting. the drawback is that it is quite heavy, however you can mount it either on a belt or a chest harness to get some of the weight off of the stem. i use a cz20 which has different circuitry but is built with basically the same body. the 1280 doesn't perform very well in saltwater/wet salt sand, lots of falsing. does fine on dry sand though. so if your going to hunt ocean beaches you might consider a cz20 or something else. i'm attaching a pic of the chest mount that i use. i hope this helps.

hh steve

Attachments

• chestmount bare resized.jpg
    chestmount bare resized.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 246
  • chestmount with cz-20 mounted resized.jpg
    chestmount with cz-20 mounted resized.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 241

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions