Michigan hunt

glassdiver

Jan 2, 2007
The Thumb of Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's, Nautilus, Fisher, Garrett
Let's see how many would be interested in getting together for a weekend at a Michigan Ghost Town. Camping, detecting, contests.
It wouldn't have to be something extravagent, either.
I know of a couple likely spots that I have been to; the permission would be the largest hurdle. They are on private, not State land.
Post here, with any ideas, etc...
Bill

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
;DNot a bad idea-Where you at??The BIGGEST hurdle would be gettin permission;thasts for sure-dont know of many ghost towns off-hand;BUT I do have a coopy of Thomas P.Terry's guide to Treasure,Michigan version-LOTS of ghost towns in there...

oldsledz

Apr 7, 2007
Mid MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Tesoro
I would be intrested and know a few others that would be it is something we could do even with out a lot of people. Cliff Midland MI

OP
OP
glassdiver

glassdiver

Jan 2, 2007
The Thumb of Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's, Nautilus, Fisher, Garrett
>>Where are you????????????????????

I'm in Otisville. That is right on M-15, NE of Flint.
We can shoot for a September hunt, when it is a bit cooler, or if folks need to do it during "summer vacation," we can do it sooner.
Bill
[email protected]

Urban Grund

Silver Member
Aug 5, 2007
Southeast Michigan (Roseville)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter > Sharp Shooter II & Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY BILL!

I often visit your neck of the woods! I keep a horse with friends on Mt. Morris RD. & Catlin. We ride at Elba every couple of weeks & my parents have a Cottage on Barnes Lake.

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like fun! :) Keep us informed if it works out. J.

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Im in grand rapids and i know of a ghost town that is all state land near white cloud Ive hunted it many times for deer and once when i was a kid with detector a radio shack special I found alot of relics but no coins but i was a kid so i didnt really know what i was doing stopped there this summer just to look but didnt have detector found 20 morels tho

trapper bob

Mar 22, 2005
mid-michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinshooter 2, Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Bounty Hunter Landstar, Bounty Hunter Lonestar
I am game if I can ever get out of W*%k long enough to go!! lol
Set it up and I will see what I can do. I am in the Lansing area. Also
got some property in da U.P. if it isn`t all burned up!! HH--------Bob ;D

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
I say we should shoot for sunday sept. 9 so that we arent in the woods during small game opening the following weekend if we have enuff people it will only take a day to cover most of it ive been doing research all night the town was started in 1880 as a boomtown of the lumber trade it was a company town meanimg all the homes and stores were built for the employees it had a general store saloon a bed for the locomotive cemetary etc. im sure alot of privys oh and a canal to bring water to the town with two ponds the town was only on the maps for 10 years so it died out after the lumber was gone about 1890-1893

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
i have maps and a brief history of the town listed as location unknown but i know where its at about 55 miles north of grand rapids if we carpool it will be easier on fuel bring your cameras and something to put ur relics in alot of old short railroad spikes because they tore the old tracks up to replace with new r/r bed i seen a guy paying $2.00 a piece for those old r/r spikes

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
I'ld be more then interested, but have odligations at church for the next 3 Sundays. I think it would be a hoot to get together with a bunch of like minded goofballs!

elusion

Oct 11, 2005
SE, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Explorer II, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Is this still happening? A buddy and I would be interested. Grand Rapids is only about 2.5 hours from us.

HH,
Brandon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread