Calling all Yoopers....dust off your gorilla suits

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You Betcha! I heardt dat up dere dey need ta haff da gorilla suit ta attract a wife fer demselfs, eh? Den we won't even talk aboud da kits dey haff togedder...Holy Wah!

Do you know what the first thing an attractive woman is asked in a bar in the UP? >>> So...where ya from down below, eh?

How do you get an MTU Grad off of your porch? You pay for the Pizza!!!

Seriously though, I'd love to detect a few old ghost towns and lumber-era areas up there one day. A bunch of Yooper National Guard Engineers are over here in Iraq right now on my base. I've been deployed with some of them before since I'm a Troll National Guard Engineer. Great bunch of guys.

HH,
SgtSki

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
ive heard 2 stories to the west of where they were looking in the foot hills to the hurion mts, large hills really, i drove that strech of road for 4.5 years, 3hrs a day, always said , I saw everything but bigfoot

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
years back while bear hunting up by big erics bridge ,one guy in our party got chased out of the woods by a moose---is that hairy enough?

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
i almost got ran over by 2 at the hurion mountian club, had to dive behind a fence, could here something big comming through the brush, i had taken pictures but lost the to moves over the years, big erics bridge is a little west of the club

grzbear

Oct 18, 2007
michigan - western up
Detector(s) used
harborfreight stud finder
have not been up there in 20yrs--wouldn,t think it,s changed much--is that area where they want to put in that sulfied mine?--put on the gorilla suits--and become an endangered species--get federal protection

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I was told not to tease Yoopers anymore!!!

So I guess I'd better be nice and give them their due. After all, the toothbrush was invented up there in Ishpeming.

...Had it been invented anyplace else it'd been called a teethbrush.

HH,
-SgtSki

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
they are planning the sulfide mine north of Marquette, and another north of Menominee, my folks said another company leased every other forty (mineral rights) just north of MQT, old gold and silver mines in the area, choppers have been scanning the ground between Marquette and Menominee all summer, talk of some uranium mines up here as well, the other company's are waiting to see what happens with the new mining laws and kennycot corp. haven't received their final approval yet. Don't want to see it happen, alot of beautiful country could be destroyed. kennycot is going after nickle, copper, silver, gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions