Attention all Michigan Metal Detectorist!

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hi Everyone,

I recently had the opportunity to talk to Laurie Bone who is the Senior Curator of Programs for the Sloan Museum in Flint. They are going to be having an exhibit called " Hidden Treasure" and she would like the help of Metal Detectorist and other hobbies that pertain to it, such as bottle collecting, rock collecting, gold panning, etc. This is a time for our hobby to really shine and all help would be certainly appreciated. I am including a email Laurie sent me. Please get in contact with her and she will let you know what she is looking for. Let her know that Steve Bonds sent you. I am looking forward to going down and checking this out. Thank you for listening. Below is Laurie Bones email and contact information.

Date: Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:39 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Metal Detecting
Size: 9 KB

Hi Steve,

Sorry it’s taken so long for me to get back to you. Our family left for vacation the week following my visit to your meeting and I got back to work and got right into summer programming. We’ve got a lot of kids this summer!

Thanks for offering to help us out with contacts and expert advice! You had mentioned that you may know some people in the Flint area we could also contact. And also, if you could please forward any websites about metal detecting and gold panning that you think would be useful, I would really appreciate it. And anything else you can think of!!!

Thanks again to you and your entire club for taking an interest in this project. This exhibit is turning out to be a really fun one to program for!

Talk to you soon,

Laurie Bone

Senior Curator of Programs

Sloan Museum and Longway Planetarium

1310 E. Kearsley St.

Flint, MI 48503

[email protected] (email address)

(810) 237-3403 (phone)

(810) 237-3417 (fax)

Thanks again.

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan