Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheer up clocks go ahead this weekend :):)

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, yeh, theres worse.

Guess i go do my first gold prospecting this weekend, kinda cold, but i can do it in the snow

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The inch of snow forecasted turned into a few/ several. It might melt before the weekend. Or not.
Can't say no diggin is goin on .Just not in the dirt.
Dirt is there though....Somewhere.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three inches of snow here. The big stuff missed us today. Will be out this week and then another nor'easter is coming late Sunday into Monday.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know what you mean... more snow this A.M. Wonder if anybody makes a detector that looks like a snow shovel?

View of the backyard!

P3070319.JPG

Brianite

Greenie
Mar 23, 2015
Marquette, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Pro-Pointer AT, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Superior Digger, I'll trade anyone's weather for here, still a solid foot of snow in the backyard at least, and that's out in the open in the sun

superior digger

Greenie
Feb 9, 2018
Copper Country
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 di pro - Garrett At Max-Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Superior Digger, I'll trade anyone's weather for here, still a solid foot of snow in the backyard at least, and that's out in the open in the sun

I still have close to 4 feet in the yard. New detector just screaming to get out. We should get together some time to detect. Do you have any luck on float in Marquette area. My office is in Marquette.

Brianite

Greenie
Mar 23, 2015
Marquette, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really looked, didn't figure there'd be much here although it's possible, I mainly detect old sites related to the iron mines, some forge towns that are gone now. When I want to load up on copper I head your way, and obviously Ishpeming/Negaunee/champion has any variety of iron ore. I want to get out so bad I attempted to go fishing yesterday, had to break through the ice as I went walking up a creek in the water.

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, gonna try again Easter weekend. Looks like it'll be kinda cold campin at night, and for playin in a creek, but we're gonna give er' hell as long as the 2-tracks are passable.

superior digger

Greenie
Feb 9, 2018
Copper Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought the white junk was done for the year but we are getting dumped on right now and before it is over the rotten weather guys says 16 plus inches for my area. Does anyone know where i can buy a flame thrower attachment to hook on my metal detector LOL

superior digger

Greenie
Feb 9, 2018
Copper Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really looked, didn't figure there'd be much here although it's possible, I mainly detect old sites related to the iron mines, some forge towns that are gone now. When I want to load up on copper I head your way, and obviously Ishpeming/Negaunee/champion has any variety of iron ore. I want to get out so bad I attempted to go fishing yesterday, had to break through the ice as I went walking up a creek in the water.
Iwas at one of my customers houses near your area a few days ago and started talking about metal detecting and he asked me about float copper . After talking a while he showed me what he thought was a green rock it was a piece of float about 10 pounds and one about 5 pounds but was telling me about a much much larger one in the woods behind his house . long story short he wants me to bring my detectors over after the snow is gone. So yes it is in your area just not as plentiful as here. I talked to another guy 2 years ago in your area and he found 3 big pieces in a creek without a detector 800-300-200 pounders

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
i finally made it out this weekend. Never took the detector out of the car, just surface pickin and recon work.

Got souvenirs from a a few places. Concrete from arious ruins, a mansion, airplane hangar, bricks from a general stores fireplace in a ghost town. A few old beer cans, 1934 michigan license plate, and a bucket of walnuts.

Over all i was just out for the recon work. Found at least 3 homesteads with trash pits dating between 1883 and 1933. Some 1870-1920? concrete ruins of probably logging railroad structures

The snow hindered my 2-tracking on saturday, but overall a successful trip, definately some spots to get back to, and still plenty more i havent even attempted yet. One in particular I believe may be the caretakers place of a mansion, but i havent gotten that far yet.

Brianite

Greenie
Mar 23, 2015
Marquette, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superior Digger that's awesome, now I'm gonna have to keep an eye out, maybe I should be detecting the creeks around here.

Yooper Rich

Mar 21, 2019
Nisula, MI
Detector(s) used
Heath , Bounty Hunter, White, Garrett GTX, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, still about 2 1/2' ft of snow on the ground here. Throw on top I broke my leg 2 weeks ago. Waiting til the 2nd of April to see if I need surgery. Don't have a detector yet but not my first rodeo with them. Was going to order a nox 600 the day I broke the leg. Guess it gives me more time to look and save money for extra accessories. Snow won't be gone for another 2 or 3 weeks anyway to, at least.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv bin able to dig here for the most part, still patchy though, Im in the Thumb area...
A#1 if you ever need any help over that way, I have weekends off and always game :happy3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread