NEW TO THE SCENE PLEASE HELP clarkston

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
hi all, my name is dan im 37 and live in clarkston,michigan, I have always been interested in this site and hobby and have been reading on here forever, however there is so much information here i cant even figure out where to start, what i would need how to do it etc.
If anyone is looking for a partner please contact me if you are near i would love to get out and just hang out, be a digger for while and get familiar with the stuff. I have plenty of free time and want to buy the stuff to get started but with so much out there would need some help. I am an honest word is gold kinda guy like to camp and relax so a weekend detecting trip would be appealing to me as well. I also have a real good promising prospecting site in mind, detail later to the right person.

i have msn messenger if anyone wants to chat about it or hook up, i am usually ready to go at a moments notice as well. mns meenger is [email protected] add me to contacts and drop me a line, you can also email that same address.

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
welcome aboard, not in your neck of the woods, I think first step would be to decide what your hunting intrests are, and what you are willing to spend, would be nice to hook up with someone local to check out what they are using

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
Well my hunting intersts are strictly as a hobby, i have a daytime job (automation engineer) i have no problem spending whatever i need to to get some decent stuff. I have free time and not a lot of hobbies, stories and treasure stuff has interested me from childhood which is what brough a lot of you guys here also ,As with many here I have heard some stories , a real good one wich has been confirmed to me by several things since ive herd it, mostly when i was younger, it wasnt until recently that my interest in treasure was revived from a totally different situation (ill save this story for later as i want some opinions on it and maybe check this one out too) but it did prompt me to remember the original story told to me by an old friend of mine when i was younger. me and several of my childhood friends used to venture out on "grand journeys" to unveil this unfound treasure, which i believe resulted in several deaths and i also believe treasure is still there,quite easily and legally accessable and I also remember from the story told that we as kids found several things that were described in the story also. I haven't until recently went back to the area to try to remember things but the minute i pulled into the area and saw a few things i do remember, it is all coming back. It is actually quite a long story which i will document later but am not going to post until i seriously put some effort into this, this is I believe several large caches. i was only 8 or 9 when i heard this stuff, the ol man has long since died back in the early 80's. i asked my father about the subject again last week that hadnt been asked about in 25 years, i used to ask my dad when i was younger and he was pretty tight lipped about any of it and actually at one point told me the old man down the street was crazy and he didnt want me down there any more, last week when i asked I swear he had a gleam in his eye when i mentioned it, stared at the cieling for a minute and thats when i got the real good explanation and even learned that he had himself ventured out with a metal detector looking many years ago before the "incident". which i am also not going to disclose at this time. I do vagely remember details of the incident but am currently trying to find the news article that went with it. i have also been digging up some historical things about the area and there was a lot of info that cannot be tracked at all. Now to the right person some day this information would be shared but it takes a while to gain trust, I really dont need any money ,the drive for this is mainly Entertainment and a hobby and just plain curiosity. As long as no one ends up like the cat it could turn out to be quite an adventure and that is what i seek!!!!
Dan
now, does anyone have some free time to teach me the ropes?????

OP
OP
xdanthemanx

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
If i could find a couple locals to hook up with i would go out there and do a serious look
with fall coming and everything stripped it should be easier to locate some things

also your information on the hard rock only beeing in the up is not quite correct, a family member (brother in law)owns a several hundred acres chunk in the northern lower that has not only has hard rock but a nice size flow of water and several waterfalls running through it.
I cant wait to get up there to that, especailly after seeing the pictures, i myself havent been there yet but his family has owned it for generations.
You wanna come down and take a stroll????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread